My Globus Resolved- Please read.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi dear globus hystericus sufferers. I feel for you like noone else, that is the reason I decided to write in this forum to let you know how I resolved my globus hystericus sensation.

First, I'll tell you what I was experiencing. Like with others, I've had this on different occassions with feeling like someone is strangling me and a lump sensation in my throat. Allways it seems to be related to my stress and anxiety levels. The last bout was so intense I could barely last that day without breaking down into tears. It started with an anxiety episode when I was worried because my husband was not replying to my texts or calls all day long. I started freaking out and thinking the worst. My heartrate increased, racing thoughts, could not concentrate on anything and got a feeling of a lump being stuck in my throat or behind my throat in my neck, it was difficult to pinpoint. When it's a mild sensation I only feel it when I swallow, when its intense I constantly feel a lump. It gets better with eating and swallowing. So yesterday I could not do anything because of this feeling and felt like staying in bed. I could not concentrate on Anything. But when I lie down it seemed to be worse. Besides this lump sensation that is the most annoying debilitating symptom, I also felt like my neck was tense, the muscles in my neck were contracted all the time, like a muscle spasm. Feeling like someone is chocking you with their hands.

Let me tell you what I tried. Based on the feeling that it was muscle tension linked to unease of anxiety I did 2 things in a row and it seemed to help right away. The next morning Im feeling much better and the globus sensation is gone. I still feel like my someone was beating me in the neck and head all night though. I always feel it when I get bad anxiety. Anxiety is no fun as well.

I have this needle acupuncture mat. I lied down on it pressing it in the back of my neck for half an hour, moving it every 5 minutes to hit different spots on my neck. Then, I took a heating pad, filled it with hot water and put it on the back of my neck and lied down on it for another half hour or so. Both things, I believe, relaxed the TENSE SPASMED MUSCLES in my neck AND THROAT because everything is connceted so that made my globus hystericus muscle relax as well. Please try if youre suffering hard. It helped me and hopefully can help others. Please let me know if it does or doesnt. Might as well try this if there is no other cure. I hope it wont come back but it always can.

3 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, thanks for the tip. I have exactly thr same symptoms as you, but it's xombined with acid reflux and mucus I think.

Anyway mine isn't too bad at the moment, Comes and goes during the day,

I had a neck massage at the chiropractor last week she really works my muscles and that did help for a short time to relieve the tension.

So is it a rolled up mat that you have?

• Posted

Hi , Same question is the mat rolled ?are you trying to roll the back of your neck in different directions? What I found out to be helpful was that hot compress in my throat. There was this owl stuffed with beads I think ,looks like door  stopper  that you need to heat in the microwave for 90 secs  and apply directly to the affected part. It helped me a bit. I would consider chiropractor as well.

I also found that   eating bitter melon omellete helped me maybe it helped neutralize the acid.Hope we all feel well soon.cheesygrin

• Posted

I actually wrote a reply that is pending approval from the site to Amy and included a link to images from google for an acupunture massage mat. You can just google it and click for images.This is what I used. It is a flat rubber mat with pins in it. You can lie on it or press it in where needed, but its not rolled. Hope this helps. Thanks for a reply.
    • Posted

Sorry to be asking again is it real pins or like the accupressure type of japanese slippers with needle-like projections.?
    • Posted

It has needle-like projections. My mom purchased it abroad so Im not sure. I can take a picture of it and post it on my instagram or facebook for you guys to see if you wish.
  • Posted

What type of mat and where did you purchase it at?
    • Posted

I have seen them now, thank you. So basically just lie flat on that applying pressure to your neck and back?
    • Posted

It has needle-like projections. My mom purchased it abroad so Im not sure. I can take a picture of it and post it on my instagram or facebook for you guys to see if you wish.
    • Posted

I take it in my hands from the back and press it in my neck. Otherwise, if you try to lay on the neck will not be touching it as there is a natural curve in the neck.
  • Posted

Hey Guys. An update: feeling my globus again today. Not as intense, but still there. WTH? That night when I did those treatments, I also had a shot of whisky. Maybe that calmed my nervous system down and did the trick?Im not sure anymore.
  • Posted

Hi all,

Feeling sad as my globus is here againsad.

Hope you are all well.

• Posted

Sorry to hear your globus has come back. Have you had an endoscopy? Maybe you should ask your GP. Mine still isn't right. Wake up every morning with a sore throat like something is stuck!!
    • Posted

Hi Amy. Im having the same symptom with a sore throat. I also noticed one of my tonsils had a white stone in it and I pushed it out. Sorry TMI. I thought the inflammation in the tonsil might be contributing to the globus sensation. Mine is more on the right side where that tonsil is inflamed. I also have painful lymph nodes below my thin on the right side.
    • Posted

Hi, I don't have any tonsils but yours might have been due to a tonsil stone I think they are called. Have you been to the doctors? I'm struggling with mucus stuck behind my nose for some reason it's really annoying also TMI lol
    • Posted

Yeah, I guess a tonsil stone might do it. Yesterday was a tough day for me. I was having anxiety thinking it might be throat cancer or lymphoma. Researching symptoms. I know Im paranoid and need to get rid of such thinking but its hard sometimes to get my mind off of things cause Im at home. Rarely had such thoughts when I used to work. Anyways, its off topic. I have not been to the doctors. Im disappointed in conventional medicine because each time I had health issues, they never found out what it was neither helped in any way. Have you tried nose irrigation with a neti pot?It should flush the musouc coming from the nose to the back of the throat.
    • Posted

I'm a real worrier convince myself I've got all sorts! People think I'm daft but I can't help it and I actually believe it's true!

I have never heard of that thing you mentioned for my mucus.

• Posted

You can just google it. Its sold at drug stores here in Canada. Also, you can just use a small teapot and make a saline solution with sea salt at home and use that to irrigate your nasa passages. Just research it, see if you wanna do it or not. Yeah, Im the same way. I can relate to how you feel.
    • Posted

Thank you I will try it. I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.