My Globus Resolved- Please read.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi dear globus hystericus sufferers. I feel for you like noone else, that is the reason I decided to write in this forum to let you know how I resolved my globus hystericus sensation.

First, I'll tell you what I was experiencing. Like with others, I've had this on different occassions with feeling like someone is strangling me and a lump sensation in my throat. Allways it seems to be related to my stress and anxiety levels. The last bout was so intense I could barely last that day without breaking down into tears. It started with an anxiety episode when I was worried because my husband was not replying to my texts or calls all day long. I started freaking out and thinking the worst. My heartrate increased, racing thoughts, could not concentrate on anything and got a feeling of a lump being stuck in my throat or behind my throat in my neck, it was difficult to pinpoint. When it's a mild sensation I only feel it when I swallow, when its intense I constantly feel a lump. It gets better with eating and swallowing. So yesterday I could not do anything because of this feeling and felt like staying in bed. I could not concentrate on Anything. But when I lie down it seemed to be worse. Besides this lump sensation that is the most annoying debilitating symptom, I also felt like my neck was tense, the muscles in my neck were contracted all the time, like a muscle spasm. Feeling like someone is chocking you with their hands.

Let me tell you what I tried. Based on the feeling that it was muscle tension linked to unease of anxiety I did 2 things in a row and it seemed to help right away. The next morning Im feeling much better and the globus sensation is gone. I still feel like my someone was beating me in the neck and head all night though. I always feel it when I get bad anxiety. Anxiety is no fun as well.

I have this needle acupuncture mat. I lied down on it pressing it in the back of my neck for half an hour, moving it every 5 minutes to hit different spots on my neck. Then, I took a heating pad, filled it with hot water and put it on the back of my neck and lied down on it for another half hour or so. Both things, I believe, relaxed the TENSE SPASMED MUSCLES in my neck AND THROAT because everything is connceted so that made my globus hystericus muscle relax as well. Please try if youre suffering hard. It helped me and hopefully can help others. Please let me know if it does or doesnt. Might as well try this if there is no other cure. I hope it wont come back but it always can.

3 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ,

I have Neti Pot,did it help you with Globus?

Thanks. Have a good day smile

• Posted

No, I never used it because I dont have any mucous issues. It seems to be anxiety related for the most part.Maybe also GERD for which Im still drinking ACV solution. Mine has gone down significantly. Almost dont feel it.
    • Posted

How do you handle anxiety issues? Soft music? meditation?yoga? I might be missing on something.I'm trying to ignore it but sometimes you can't help.new symptom is the clciking sound when i swallow involuntarily read it somewhere and it says that it's your eutachian tube . i don't know anymore.

hope you are well. take care for now.

• Posted

Its hard to handly anxiety. It eventually just subsides and I try not to think about subjects that will trigger it. Try to draw your attention to something else when those thoughts/feelings arise. Those video you have recommended for throat chakra help too smile Thanks. So why doesnt the eistachian tube click regularly than for everyone?It might be just tight from the throat being constricted so it makes those sounds. Normally, throat muscles should be relaxed I guess. I know anxiety is super hard to handle, you just gotta live through it focusing on the thought that it will eventually subside smile Im going away for a vacation so might not be able to reply. Hope all feel better.
    • Posted

Thanks a lot. Happy to know you're going for a vacation. have fun and take care. yes i will take everything on board. i'm doing my best to draw my attention to something else. leave all your worries behind and take care for now.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your support. Ill keep you posted about my symptoms once Im back. Meanwhile, hope your lump subsides asap.
  • Posted

Hi,

I get these symptoms & I also suffer anxiety

& panic attacks, I feel scared to be alone it came on from no where I don't normally suffer from any thing like this, & I feel like I'm gettin strangled it's hard to sleep, I feel like there's something sitting on my chest, I'm going to try what you have & see how it goes thanks ,

• Posted

Hi, I know how bad it feel. Sorry youre going through this. Try to calm down and think that its going to go away eventually. 
  • Posted

At the moment, i am going through hell!  i am waiting for an ultrasound scan for possible gallstones (who knows!) but i have suffered from GORD for 12 years and have had that 'feeling of lump in throat" when swallowing naturally.   It has been particularly bad the last few weeks and my GP has changed my medication from Omeprazole (which i have been on for years) to Lansoprazole (30mg daily) but nothing seems to help.  I am also getting mild abdominal pains radiating to the lower back.  I keep hoping i will wake up each morning feeling better but i don't and i still have a two week wait for my scan.  Am getting really down about it all :-(
  • Posted

Well after a few weeks being globus free, it's back! I was eating some rice earlier and I breathed in at the wrong time a bit got stuck and the tense globus feeling has been back all night. Can't cope with it anymore. Does anybody know of muscle relaxants you can get to stop you being tense?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.