My left foot is always cold.

Posted , 12 users are following.

I wonder if anybody else has experienced something similar? My left foot is nearly always cold. There is altered sensation as well, for instance if a few drops of water lands on it, it stings. I have to be careful when I get into a bath as well, as my foot doesn't register if it's too hot. It does warm up occasionally when I wear thick socks, but however many socks I wear in winter - it doesn't! Ooh reading that I sound weird! Am I ?!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't think that's weird at all, it's sounds familiar to me. I'm ok mostly in summer or pretty hot days as soon as weather changes I have cold feet my feet change color all time. Sometimes blood pools to them then they change color they are purple when I come out if the shower or the bath blotches of white on purple . They are cold most if the time , but way better in hotter weather
  • Posted

Hi Anne,

no no ur not wierd. I bet if half of us write down some of our symptoms they would  seem a bit crazy too! So there ya go.. biggrin

U are showing serious symptoms. I would like to urge u to see a doc. Keep a Joirnal of all UR symptoms to go over with him.. I could be any number of things UR doc has URUR medical history and can follow thru with a diagnosis .

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, and reassurance. I have seen many doctors and told them about this but they do not see it as a concern.

Anne

• Posted

my feet get ice cold if i am still for too long esp in winter, but do warm up on movement i know what you mean on lack of sensation .i think its just nerve endings not picking up signals,due to the inflamation we all suffer, i am the same with steps curbs i think iv lifted my leg higer enough,then after banging eiher on the curb or the step i realise i havent lifted it enough, and my god does it hurt.
  • Edited

I also find it uncomfortable to have my legs down in a normal sitting position . I have them raised. When I got fitted for a wheelchair I had to have them fit the foot plates as high as they would go. My chair looks like it's more for a child even then they could be higher for me. I use the chair when I can't walk. So when I go out I can't sit for long , I can't stand for long periods either , I'm like someone with ADHD , as I'm uncomfortable most of time with my legs. 
    • Posted

Yes I also find it difficult to have my legs down in a normal sitting position. Most comfy for me is legs slightly raised. My worry is that is only my left foot I have the problem with.
    • Posted

its my left leg as well  as it seems to be with others on this site be interesting maybe to do a poll to see just how many of us there are,whos left leg or foot goes numb or is permently cold.

i have to keep moving ,if i am sitting its no more than 20 mins then up and moving about or my feet go numb .

• Posted

Thanx for the reassurance that I am not the only one, Tina. Yes it would be interesting to see how many others it affects. When I go shopping in the fridge aisle of a supermarket it feels like a block of ice! Also have the feeling that it is in water, randomly. Back to the fridge aisle, my hands also go numb and start tingling when I leave!
    • Edited

my acupunturist is just 33 and has fibro ,but she has a very happy life and has much milder symptoms, but her hands are like ice nearly all the time

even in summer, iv never felt such cold hands, her fingers go white, to .

so i think its just something we have to put up with.but if your worried see your gp

• Posted

Thanx for your reply Tina. I have talked about this with the rheumotologist and he didn't seem concerned said this was a common symptom of fibro x
    • Posted

there you go then, but can you tell me what isent a common symptom of fibro haha
    • Posted

Hi Anne, Yes its the same for me too. My left foot goes a blue/purple coular as well. And for some strange reason my left leg is much more painful than the right.
    • Posted

Hello Anne,

My left foot doesn't change colour, but lloks perfectly normal. I have even asked my partner to feel it, to check it is not in my imagination! He loves that job! Also I do tend to get pain in both legs.

• Posted

Morning Anne

Hope you are ok, seems we both have spelling misshaps, must ve the fibro fog popping in!

• Posted

I also have a cold left foot.. it's so frustrating. I keep thinking it's a dvt from sitting too much. Ugh.

No idea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.