My left foot is always cold.

Posted , 12 users are following.

I wonder if anybody else has experienced something similar? My left foot is nearly always cold. There is altered sensation as well, for instance if a few drops of water lands on it, it stings. I have to be careful when I get into a bath as well, as my foot doesn't register if it's too hot. It does warm up occasionally when I wear thick socks, but however many socks I wear in winter - it doesn't! Ooh reading that I sound weird! Am I ?!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i have had the same for almost a year.the only comment made by my gp was "i cant see anything".she cant see "cold"or "pain".mine is persistent mostly in my toes .i do have raynauds which has only ever affected my hands.
  • Edited

hello Anne

i have had a cold left foot for about a year.it is all the time.i wonder if its raynauds or other circulatory problem as i have that in my hands.my gp gave  no diagnosis.i find the only relief i get is from some "microwaveable slippers".they are like the wheat bags and just heat them in the microwave until desired temperature,

• Posted

Hi Anne, I'm not sure if your left foot is still the same, but like you my left foot especially my toes are always stone cold and my right is toasty warm... I do have ligament damage and I'm waiting to have surgery to correct it, do you have pain in your ankle when you walk?
  • Posted

I have the same problem and I also have fibro, must be a common fibro symptom!  Thanks, you guys helped me figure it out.

Leona

• Edited

i have always suffered with cold feet, but in recent weeks my left foot has become in reasingly colder and feels like its in cold water, takes ages to warm up if at all, its also really itchy and red and uncomfortable, i really could scratch it till it bleeds, i have to have a hot water bottle under my feet in bed, my right foot warms up much quicker than my left, it does concern me, but what ive read on here does not really concern me much as i know im not the only one with this prob, its probably just my age, im 45 years old,

• Edited

Hello! I know this thread is pretty old but does anyone got any diagnose lately? is funny how in every case is about the left foot...i am about to see the 2.angiologist and have mri and arteriography maybe...i m only 29 so vascular issues are super weird for my age....thank you..

• Edited

Hi, I don't have Fibro as far as I am aware however am under a cardiologist for an irregular heart beat. Have seen a Rheumatologist who ruled out autoimmune however currently wondering if I have PAD or Raynauds ...my feet get cold very often, they have lost sensation (are numb and tingly almost permanently) and often go white and feel freezing. How did you get on with your appointment/s? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.