my long overdue hysterectomy

Posted , 12 users are following.

Im finally going into surgery on Wednesday. ..it's been a crazy couple months. ..lots of hospital visits and blood transfusion. .but I made it. ..im only 32...yes...32...but it's my last option. ..so guys please pray for me. ..im not worried about it. ..or maybe im trying not to be. ..but I going to be strong and get through this. ..it's Wednesday morning so yea. ..is there anything I should do to prepare for surgery?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes just keep calm take something like your iPad for music and nighties as pyjamas can be difficult and have a shower in the morning I'm sure you'll be fine and rest afterwards take one day at a time x
  • Posted

We will think about you. Are you having a total hysterectomy or partial and what about your ovaries?
    • Posted

That should prevent any menopausal symptoms then. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi I had mine done 4 weeks ago,I just give my house a good clean coz u won't be able to do it when u get home x but the opp will be over with and ull be back home before you know it so try not to worry about it x hope everything goes OK and ur up and about soon xx
  • Posted

Hi hun, I wish you all the luck in the world & ofcourse I will pray for everything to go well & an easy road to recovery.

I'm at hospital on 8th to decide what road to take & get a date.

God bless.

• Posted

Hi,my advice would be to stay as calm as you can,easier said than done i know.I had my total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral ovaries and tube removed about 4 months ago now...i was in hospital for 4 days in total but i could have gone home earlier if i had wanted.I felt fine afterwards,obviously it is painful the first time you get out of bed,but make sure you accept painkillers at every drug round and in between if you are prescribed anything. Best advice i was given,is to take peppermint oil capsules into hospital or get nurses to get drs to prescribe peppermint water for afterwards as i had terrible wind and this helped.Take your mp3 in so you can relax to music when you can,nighties instead of pyjamas as you will have a catheter insitu post op and its easier to pop on.Oh and for going home in,pack some loose fitting leggings or similar cos its painful to wear jeans or such like when you have an abdominal wound.Oh and like another lady said,try and do a good clean of your house before your op cos you wont be able to do much when you get out of hospital and if you rely on your husband(like i did)he didnt do cleaning as well as me....ha ha....good luck hun xxx
    • Posted

Awww thank you. ..I appreciate it. ..very helpful. ..and I smiled while reading it. ..we got this. ..♡

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.