My LS is getting worse what more can i try

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have been diagnosed with LS 12 months ago. Flairs happens definately around ovulating times. im 54 years of age. what more can i try

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, Ann, so sorry you are having alot of flairs, have you tried the Aloe gel mix with turmeric oil that Nancy k here on this site told us about, its really helps cause its cooling, also are you soaking in borax for 20 min. every day....thats helps alot...hope this helps you

• Posted

hi janie.

never tried that but hey worth the shot.

thanks so much.

regards

ann

• Posted

Has your doctor explained to you why this is happening at that point of your cycle and if there is anything you can do about it? I just checked and the luteinizing hormone surges at the start of ovulation, estrogen levels decrease and the progesterone level starts to increase. I am older than you, way past menopause and was diagnosed with LS around 66. The gyn said it was definitely caused by low estrogen in my case. Prior to that I was diagnosed with atrophy which is also caused by too little estrogen.

I wonder if using estrogen cream just before ovulation would control the flare? It might be worth asking your doctor if he/she is offering nothing else. Or maybe taking herbs for menopause like Ginseng and Dang Kui would help. I would see an herbalist or acupuncturist before taking them though. I drank a Chinese herbal tea for fibroids after menopause and they did shrink. Prior to that an oncologist highly recommended a complete hysterectomy so I now have a certain amount of faith in Chinese herbs.

Good luck.

• Posted

hi... I was diagnosed at 65 by Dr. Paul Nyirjesy and was put on Col (somethinng) and also Estrace cream because u need some hormones to help...this was 3 years ago and my LS is doing quite well...

• Posted

are u using this daily. although im 54 im not in menopause yet. the dr said my hormones is that of an 18 year old they cannot believe that the hormone count is mine. i have had a histerectomy at age 32 but not full histerectomy so i still ovulate regularly

• Posted

As much as I try to be "all natural" some drugs r needed for this condition and here is YOUR choice...be in misery OR take a prescription medication and be happy...only U can make that decision...

• Posted

hi Vicky. i have only be given ointments so far no oral medication. its as if my vulva is deforming and its really worrying to me. my GP says he does not know of anything that works. i do have an appointment to see him on 16 Oct

• Posted

I never heard of anyone developing "cancer" from this...BUT i guess if anything that is considered serious is left untreated over many years it could...the real issue is not doctors r not trained in LS...I saw by GYN every year and he never mentioned it...I had itching, redness and white patches on my vagina and intercourse was rough...I also had what I would call "mature" (after all I am 68) thinness down there...that is why bedsides clobestasol he put me on estrace (which is a hormone that allows your lining to be moist again)...like I said before there r not enough people affected with this so therefore the drug companies have no interest in finding better solutions...my biggest concern was having to be on medication for the rest of my life...and my doctor did make it clear that would be the case...but after reading up on him (Dr. Paul Nyirjesy) I was assured he knew what he was talking about...I insert the estrace 2 times a week and use just a drop topically 2 times a week and use a drop of the clobestasol 2 times a week also...my "situation" has improved greatly....hope u find a good doctor that knows how to treat YOUR specific case...

• Posted

Wow! I just looked him up. You are lucky to have access to him. My regimen is very similar to yours except I use the hormone cream nightly and externally only. We are close in age also. Were you diagnosed with atrophy before the LS? I was and was prescribed hormone cream but was very reluctant to use it as my sister had stage 4 breast cancer. Three years later I was told I had LS though I had none of the symptoms.

Do you use any lubrication during the day? I use primarily blue poppy yin oil or coconut oil.

• Posted

I live in the US....a small down in New Jersey - outside of New York City...

• Posted

by the way - who at 66 is still ovulating?????

• Posted

She said she is 54. You are confusing her with what I said.

• Posted

Ann (who is 54) is the person who started the conversation. In my response to Ann I said I was diagnosed around age 66. Fifty four is already fairly old to still be having periods. Sixty six would probably be a person with a serious medical condition, I would think.

If you look at the name on each post there is an arrow pointing right to the name of the person whose comment they are responding to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.