my new update - Valium + venlafaxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys!

In my last post (https://patient.info/forums/discuss/getting-off-2mg-valium-daily-per-night-need-help-passion-flower-679722?page=1) I was talking about my experienced with Valium and sertraline (Zoloft) . I was taking Valium 3/4 of 0.2 mg 1 time per night and also Zoloft 25 mg 1 time per night. My main probem is insomnia and some anxiety. In my last post I said that the first 3 days were bad, the 4 and 5th days were marvelous and the rest 4 days were pretty bad too.

Ok so now my update: I went yesterday to my doctor and she change Zoloft to a new drug called Venlafaxine, which came in a capsule of 150 mg but she told meto take half 1 per day at dinner time. So I did as per her prescription. Oh, and keep taking 3/4 of 0.2 mg too when go to bed.

As for the first night... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE night guys. I had about 2-3 hours sleep (and with some kind of weird dreams), sweeting like a pig and when I woke up after those 2-3 hours I couldn't sleep anymore until this morning. I have now a big headache, super tired, feel like I have been hit by a truck. Today is Friday and I can't see my doc until Monday so I guess I have to try this method for the next 3 nights.. GOD BLESS! I had read and watch people's experience with Venlafaxine and some said is good and some said is bad.... I still don't know if the symptons are from reducing valium or because the change of medication. I guess my brain is so mess up at the moment.

Do you guys have any experience with Venlafaxine? does it help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

do not keep taking it as it will only make you feel worst

• Posted

Hi To be blunt why on earth are you agreeing to be put on all these drugs?

They are all,harmful. No doubt there ill now be an outcry defending these drugs. The thing is that drs are recognising the dangers of benzos, anti depressants and are reluctant to prescribe them. So what if someone has difficulty sleeping. It is the drugs that are preventing sleep

Coming off the drugs is the only way forward to getting decent , restorative sleep.

Benzos interfere with REM sleep. I takes time for the brain and the body to recover from the effects of these toxic drugs.

There are no quick cures/answers sadly.

Time is the healer.

• Posted

Yes, I agree with you. It's not like I agreed to take it. You feel bad then you go to the doctor. At that time I have no idea what Valium was.

Anyways, I stop taking venlafaxine the next day. Now I just come back to just the valium and finally after 6 days of extrem horrible sleep I got a decent sleep. I will still keep reducing Valium step by step. By the way. Herborists have told me that Passion Flower can help reduce the side effects of valium withdrawal, however it didn't work for me.

NOw that I live in China I will go directly to a good Chinese traditional doctor for advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.