My operation

Posted , 8 users are following.

well tomorrow is operation day , I'm feeling very scared today and have tried to keep busy to take my mind off it. I'm not going to miss the constant pain but I'm scared of everything associated with the op, anaesthetic , am I fit enough , will anything go wrong .... Stupid I know but can't help it. 

Im telling myself I will be ok , so will post on here when I'm able to , thanks to you all for the posts you have put on here, some were helpful some scary but we are all different so will share with you later.  

Bye Gill. 

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck Gill for tomorrow and try not to worry which is harder said than done. If you were not upto the op they would not be doing it. Everyone is different and each person will cope differently. I sailed through C-sections but didn't with a hernia op which took me longer to get over.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, let us know when you feel better how you got on.

• Posted

Hi Anita and ladies it's now 24 hours since my op and my pain has gone.

Feels great but I have four holes in my stomach two under my breast one a bit lower on right side and one at my belly button which is the most painful. I have a sore throat and very croaky from tubes but coping.

I have got my rosey cheeks back and until a few mins ago felt ok but just had a dizzy spell made me feel odd and light headed but it's passing also I'm burping loads. All this I can cope with but honestly you do notice that the gallbladder pain has gone immediately after your op sooooooo nice. Just taken off my lovely socks and hubby is going to change my dressings soon. I have to have stitches out next Thursday and I re visit the surgeon in six weeks. So ladies those of you waiting don't worry ok it's ok honestly. Those that have had it done you will know what I mean unless some of you had complications. Take care love Gill xxxx

• Posted

Great to hear the good news. I am one of those who are waiting to have gallbladder removed.

I saw a friend of mine yesterday evening and she had her gallbladder removed 3 or 4 weeks ago.

She looked very well and said how much better she felt

Hope that will be me soon.

Roll on the day.

Take care

Love Sarah

• Posted

I bet you're wondering why you were so scared about it - I think we all feel that way when it's over. I'm so happy for you that the pain has gone. Take things easy, rest as much as you can and dont lift anything. Enjoy being spoilt xx

• Posted

Hi Gill,

That's great news to hear glad everything was straight forward for you. They do say the most painful ones is near the belly button. Take it easy now and let hubby make a big fuss of you.

Keep us posted on how you are doing over the next few weeks,

Anita.

• Posted

I had my op exactly one week ago today.   My advice is this: after your op you must rest up .... I still feel very weak and my energy drops like a bomb when I've done hardly anything.   I found the theatre staff all so friendly and chatty - I knew I was just about to undergo an operation but honestly, once the anaesthetic was given, I was gone.   I've always been concerned about things like anaesthetics as my body reacts to so many things, but apart from feeling incredibly low on energy I'm fine now, as you will be.   Keep us updated on how things progress and good luck for tomorrow.   
    • Posted

Thank you so much , hope you feel better by next week. How long are you off work if you are working please ?
  • Posted

All my best wishes Gill I am sure you will be fine, just think no more pain!! looking forward to hearing from you afterwards. Take care love xxxx 
    • Posted

thank you so much , will message when able to xxx
  • Posted

Hi

Best wishes fir tomorrow, hope everything goes well - remember that by modern day standards it is a relatively simple operation.

I'm not far behind you as my op is on Friday and I'm just looking forward to getting rid of the pain and misery and I'm looking forward to being pampered by my other half. Trying nit to think too much about the op itself just the benefits afterwards.

Once again best wishes for tomorrow.

Debbie

• Posted

Thank you and best wishes for your op too ,  take it easy and be pampered I hope I will be too 😁
    • Posted

So by now you should of had your op how are you ? I knew instantly my gallbladder pain had gone such bliss!! Take care and rest ok speak soon xxxxx
  • Posted

Hi Gill, Dont be scared. Once you're in the anaesthetic room everything happens quickly. It'll feel like you've just closed your eyes and then you're awake and it's all over. It'll be a bit sore and you'll feel a little disorientated but the sense of relief when you realise that it's done is wonderful.

Good luck for tomorrow x

• Posted

Thank you can't wait to be pain free. Will let you all know xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.