My operation

Posted , 8 users are following.

well tomorrow is operation day , I'm feeling very scared today and have tried to keep busy to take my mind off it. I'm not going to miss the constant pain but I'm scared of everything associated with the op, anaesthetic , am I fit enough , will anything go wrong .... Stupid I know but can't help it. 

Im telling myself I will be ok , so will post on here when I'm able to , thanks to you all for the posts you have put on here, some were helpful some scary but we are all different so will share with you later.  

Bye Gill. 

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi gill

hope all goes well for you and the op takes away the pain for good,I'm still waiting to see the surgeon 27th April.like you say everyone is different,let us know how you get on

all the best for tomorrow

kind regards

Pat

• Posted

Thank you Pat , hope all goes well on your visit to surgeon , I will let you all know x
  • Posted

Hi Gilly

did they tell you how long it would take to recover from the op,hoping to have mine out but have to see surgeon first.I know where I work they wont want me of sick for to long

keep in touch

Pat

• Posted

They gave me two weeks certificate Pat , but told me I would need four , but I will see as I hurried back after my hysterectomy and damaged myself , if I need longer as I i do lifting etc I'm going to take it. Your health comes first. I don't earn a lot and only part time so I'm always skint but your entitled to sick pay. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.