My PAE Results continued

Posted , 10 users are following.

So I went to my Uro for my yearly check up. I had the PaE 4 months ago. My psa which was never an issue, went from 1.8 to .9.. and after a sonogram, i was no longer retaining any urine... I forget what it was last year but it was a decent amount. My Uro was kind of shocked. So, I'm very happy with my results. Looks like it was the right move for me.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

wow wow fantastic. where did you get your pae?

• Posted

I had my PAE with Dr. Bagla. Vascular institue of Virginia

• Posted

Who did the PAE?

• Posted

I have heard of him and preceive him to be the best i live near TAMPA FL and have a DR cifford Davis has anyone know anything about this IR because i cannot find much on th good DR

• Posted

i had pae 3 years ago. my prostate is normal size and psa is less than 1. but my frequency symptoms are still there. on top of that i developed prostatitis.

• Posted

I think the frequency issue can be a different issue from peeing/pressure. In my case, I was getting up at least once but usually twice. I'd get some emergency rushes to to pee.. I had to push to get it out. My score when the URO tested it was an 8. Thats not good for 56 yrs old. or any age really. In my case, after the PAE, the frequency also improved. I make it until the morning with usually no big rush... I've read on here that the bladder doesnt always recover once its in a certain position for a long time. Thats why I think the sooner the better as far as PAE. I was going to wait because my symptoms weren't as bad as some other guys. That would've been a mistake.

• Posted

Wow! Great news, I am happy for you!

• Posted

Thanks. All the guys that have posted on this site have helped me. I'm just paying it forward.

• Posted

I am 54 years old. I have learned how to manage my symptoms by drinking a lot of water when I have access to restrooms. Not drinking when I don't have access and stopping drinking at 5-6pm.

I carry a pee bottle in my car for when I am stuck in traffic, which is a bit tricky to use while driving... but I can do it!

If I am stuck in a situation where I have to hold it in for too long, it sets off a chain reaction of symptoms for the rest of the day.

I am seriously considering either PAE or FLA, but not sure which one to go with.

• Posted

I looked at the BPh issue as what is the least intrusive and what has the best results. lowest risk, greatest reward etc... Then once you do that, most people have to look at what they can afford./insurance coverage.. You have to look at prostate size. Some people have very large prostates and a ton of symptoms and might want to go right to FLA.. Which has great results.

I looked at PAE as a great first step. If PAE didnt work, absolutely.. FLA seems like a great option.. But like i said, there are a lot of variables..

• Posted

Bobcats,

PAE is the easiest procedure, but might not work if you have a median lobe blocking the flow. FLA is very effective but there are side effects - prostate swelling, catheter etc., and it's very expensive - you would have to check but not likely covered by insurance. There is also a trip to Houston for a week. With all of the procedures there is the issue of cost, convenience, time off work, catheters, prostate swelling, length of time before you get results, so this is not an easy decision to make. We are in different circumstances.

Best of luck,

Tom

• Posted

Tom, thanks for your input. Why do you say we are in different circumstances?

Yes, cost, convenience, recovery time, etc, is all a consideration. But , if I do take action, I want it to have the greatest long term results regardless of time or money!

Bob

• Posted

Bobcats,

When I say we are all in different circumstances I mean that not everyone can just spend 25k dollars and take off a week to fly to Houston for the FLA. I have to look at procedures that are covered by my insurance. I want to be home the same day and recover at home and not be in a hospital. Just lying in a hospital bed for any length of time is not for me.

Tom

• Posted

There are a lot of variables but if you want the absolute best results regardless of time and money etc, maybe look into the Gat-Goren technique. Just google gat-goren. I checked them out and there are a lot of people who swear by it. Their science seems logical but it costs 25k at least.. no insurance. They've been around for years and I thought their technique would've taken off all over the world but it hasn't . I have no idea why it hasn't . I don't have the 25k when PAE works pretty well and its covered by my insurance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.