My PIP Assessment

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone,  I thought I would let you know how my PIP assessment went this morning.  

The lady assessor is a doctor and seemed to be really knowledgeable of my problems.  My appointment was at 9am, but we left home in plenty of time to allow for traffic.  We arrived about 20 minutes early, but only waited 5 minutes before she came for us.  She seemed a very gentle person and kept apologising for me having to be there.  I had to stand a couple of times as my back was starting to lock and she even found me a pillow to sit on.  

She checked my identity and then said that although she was a doctor she was not there to assess or discuss my health issues, she was only interested in how they affected my day to day living. To be honest, she didn't ask many questions at all really.  We talked about when and who diagnosed my different ailments and she knew one of the doctors who diagnosed my  spondylitis.  We talked about cooking, bathing toileting but not a lot else really.  I had to walk a small distance from reception to her room, but couldn't do that without hanging on to my hubby, so I guess she could tell from watching me how good or bad I was.   I had to deduct 7 from 100, then from 93 etc and completely got it wrong, I felt quite stupid, but she said this happens a lot with people who suffer with Fibro Fog.  She asked me to move my head up, down and sideways, which was difficult and checked the strength in my hands, then it was all over.  She said that any questions she had not asked, she could take from my notes attached to the form. The whole process took around 45 minutes.

She did say, that after reading the notes, she was very surprised that I had been selected to have a face to face and that she would be advising the DWP that my problems would only get worse and not better.  

She sounded as if she was on my side, but going on what others have said, who knows what she will put in her report.  Only time will tell.  Watch this space!!

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

by the way Sukes.

I cornered her about times. felt a bit of a bully.

I wouldn't leave it alone. she said there office in wolves (i live in Stoke) have new gov. directives. new times 6,12,24 and 36 months awards. the word indefinite will cease to exist. all her words. why is someone in Wolverhampton looking to my claim? no one in Stoke clever enough? don't answer that one.

best wishes. ivan.

• Posted

WOW 6, 12, 24 and 36 month awards - I just don't know how they are going to re-assess everyone if they want F2F medicals etc!  They haven't even got up to date yey with many people still on DLA!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.