My PSA is 8,6 what should I do?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been diagnosed before by my urologist about my prostate problem. I have had PSA over 11 in the beginning and later it went down to 9 successively to 7,6 in 2017 and now it has gone up to 8,6. What shall I do? Does this mean I have prostate cancer?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

PLEASE go get a biopsy ASAP!!  By a doctor YOU trust..and keep us posted.
    • Posted

Yes I have an appointment with my doc on the 23rd. I am sure he would like to do a biopsy then. Thanks a lot for your suggestion
  • Posted

Yes, by all means get the biopsy - it is not pleasant, but it is tolerable. Ask the doctor if they can numb the area... that may help. Some men have had little to no discomfort with the biopsy. This biopsy will help determine any treatment that may be necessary. Pay attention to the Gleason score. That is an indicator of what may need to be done, and it will show how aggressive any cancer cells are if they are present at all. If all numbers are low, you might opt for active surveillance where you just keep a close watch on things. If the numbers show treatment might be a good idea, there are many options available that work. Keep us posted on your results - and take it from there. The main thing is not to panic. You have time to consider options - and that is a good thing.

The best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi, Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Yes, it is always good to know why the PSA count is high. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.