My semen is yellow, is this normal?

Posted , 30 users are following.

I am a 21 year old male of fairly good health. For a long time my semen has been yellow. I would say quite predominantly yellow, more so than white. I have been checked for std's since previous relations and I am all clear. I stay very hydrated during the day and avoid tea/coffee. I enjoy the ocassional drink, but only ocassional. I have attached a photo, is this normal? Is there anything else that this could be, i.e. non-sexual related infection? Should I get this checked out or is it nothing to worry about?

Thanks for any help.

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think you should see a doctor for this, Usually when this happens infrequently, it is due to your diet, multivitamins and if you haven't ejaculated for a long time. In your case, this happens predominatedly
  • Edited

It's nothing to worry about at all. My semen was only purely white in my teenage years, but when I married and had children it was always a greyish colour - and still is. The only time a male should be concerned is if his semen has signs of blood in it. That DOES require a GP appointment.
  • Posted

Not an expert on semen but I would suggest that just like when your phlegm is yellow, it is likely you have an infection. A visit to Urology should be arranged by your doctor.

• Posted

Hi John. Did you get an answer to your problem? I've been having yellow sperm for last two months as well. Would like to know whether you recovered from it. Thanks

• Posted

Looks similar to mine John, mine's been that colour since I was a teen and still is at 50. I worried mine was abnormal but after seeing the doc was told it was absolutely normal. Just like other things, no two men make exactly the same sperm. 

• Posted

I was worried about this myself as I was going through this. My uro told me that it's normal because sperm naturally has a yellow colour. Apparently the liquid from prostate gives the whitish hue. Also, I was having this for almost eight months or so. It has cleared out now. So anyone reading this and who is facing this problem, this could be a momentary thing. And like James said even if it doesn't go away, it's most likely benign.

• Posted

No pains at all during ejaculation or urinating.

I've never had unprotected sex, so therefore I dont have any STD or have any health issue at the moment. I'm completely fine. As a matter of fact, I've not gone to the hospital for like 4years now but it baffles me that...I mean each time I ejaculate, the semen appears yellowish. I'm really scared

• Posted

I think a part of it is due to your diet. Also try having more water. I have noticed that if I ejaculate around the morning, my semen is slightly yellower than when I ejaculate around evening or night.
    • Posted

it appears yellow due to urine being left in the urethra it dosnt empty all the urine when urinating and come out with the seamen and gives it a yellow tinge

• Posted

I too have same problem.pleade tell what's happening to me

• Edited

This is due to prostate infection. I had the same issue and when I consulted a urologist he said to go through a semen culture test. I was tested positive with Klebsiella species in my semen. Doctor prescribed antibiotics and my semen is clear now.

• Posted

Here's mine I dont know what to do because sometimes Im having hard times to pee.File size is too big

• Posted

Hi John, has your semen returned to whitish or still the same as you described it four years ago?

Did you see a GP ? If yes, what was the diagnosis?

it has been 4 years now, any changes ?File size is too big

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.