My semen is yellow, is this normal?

Posted , 30 users are following.

I am a 21 year old male of fairly good health. For a long time my semen has been yellow. I would say quite predominantly yellow, more so than white. I have been checked for std's since previous relations and I am all clear. I stay very hydrated during the day and avoid tea/coffee. I enjoy the ocassional drink, but only ocassional. I have attached a photo, is this normal? Is there anything else that this could be, i.e. non-sexual related infection? Should I get this checked out or is it nothing to worry about?

Thanks for any help.

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hopefully my posting 19 months ago had helped put a few guys minds at rest. I worried for years about the colour of my semen, had a test and was told that my semen was completely normal and not to fret over it. That was nearly thirty years ago and mine is still yellowish when I ejaculate. I would post a picture if it helped one more person not worry about there own, but honestly, not all ejaculations are pure white!

• Posted

Hello James, thanks for this update. Mine used to be white though, as per three years ago.

But I just noticed the colour change recently , I went to the lab for a test but I failed to capture the first shot, so I will go do it again in 7 days.

• Posted

Hopefully it should be nothing at all and the lab will put your mind at rest like they did mine. But looking at your sample there it honestly looks completely normal to me. If I had a vial i'd take a screenshot of mine so you can see yours is the same as a lot of us!

• Posted

Hey John. Have you tried prostate massage? I have self diagnosed acute on chronic prostate inflammation. I tried prostate massage and it has gotten better. My ejaculate looked like yours and now only has a very slight yellow hue (and it has helped with my urine flow).

I read somewhere to do it 3x/wk for the first 2 wks and taper down, but I just did it 5 days in a row for about 2-5 mins for the first week and saw a vast improvement. I then tapered down to every other day for 2 wks and it was white like when I was in my teens. Now I just do it every other day 3x/wk for a wk and Im good for about 2 wks to 2 months.

I thought about going to a pelvic floor physical therapist, but it's easier and less embarrassing to do it myself. I used to use my finger, but it makes my wrist hurt so I broke down and got a prostate massager. it was still uncomfortable for my wrist so I bought a vibrating prostate massager. The prostate is easiest to find when aroused. Tensing the penis makes it pleasurable instead of uncomfortable. I don't get too aggressive cuz it can make the prostate irritated.

Always consult with your physician first, be safe, and I hope my experience is useful information.

• Edited

urine gets left in the urethra after weeing and mixes with seamen which gives it a yellow tinge this is normal as not all urine is released when weeing

• Posted

thats what i just said. well thats what ive always thought. but mines is yellowish also. but im gonna mention this to my doctor

• Posted

i also get this color semen.I Mastubation every day(some time 2 or 3 times per day).Now i stop Mastubation and drink lot of water everyday.Now my sperm get white.

• Posted

im so glad you asked. mine is also a yellowish color. i just always though it was urine left behind in the penis. im gonna ask my doctor the next time i see him. mine is also very thick. i see vids where guys looks like milk and is runny..

• Posted

Hello I also have discomfort in my testis, when I sit down for long they start aching what might be the problem....

I have been done almost all tests

• Edited

Hey guy, i also meet that your situation, my semen yellow about 18 months, to present my semen almost had became normal, semen yellow has many reasons, example: jaundice caused by liver, and STIs,... In my case, i had detect that is Leukocytospermia disease, this says that our body had been infection, i had tested sti and all are negative, but the testing STIs do not detect other infectious bacteria, in that period, i had many acne, always have pimples on arms, thighs, buttocks, belly. The research papers said that Leukocytospermia cause by our body meet infection and does not have the way for treatment, just drink inflammatory drugs or some antibiotics base by doctors experiences. That time, I use well water near an industrial park with fabric treatment companies, i think that is my problem, I was poisoned by that water, my body always has very very many acnes and allergies that I have never had before. Now, i have been living other place since 3 months ago, using clean tap water, and my acnes are disappearing, my sperm is almost normal again. Sorry about my english, but i think i have to say that to you and other men to know this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.