My strange GERD story. Advice needed.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm 30 years old. I have a unique story and unstopable heartburn, gerd over 2 years. It began very strange. First of all I felt strong burning sensation in my anus, prostate place (I made all possible sexual disease tests - all clear). 

One week later I was diagnosed with candida in my genitals. After three weeks I felt sour taste in my mounth. My tongue became white/yellow. More water I drank, more burning I had. After two months of candinda treatment with flukanazole, drinking a lot of water and candida diet stuff, and clinical tests didn't show that I have candida anymore. But my organism felt not good, I still had burning sensation in my "lower" body areas which became more well when I droped candida diets.

From the begining in three months I lost 1/4 of my body weight. But my 

tongue looked not good, I had terrible gerd and very big burning in my mouth. Gastroendoscopy showed nothing exept one healed erosion in the stomach. H. pylori test was negative. I have never eat a lot of junk food in my life 

Today my conditions getting worse and worse and run out of money on various medical tests and consultations. Nearly all the symptoms remains the same as it was from begining. I sent my saliva couple times to laboratory for candida testing, and results were negatives. But if I do "home candida test" spitting saliva into the glass in the morning, I see big mass of white cloudy content. Actually my saliva white cloudy all the day.   I can't gain weight, sleep 5-6 hours and wake up but sleeping is not deep because of gerd burning, so feel tiried. Even drinking a glass of water provocate big heartburn. 

On February this year, my stomach was tested one more time. So today, after a year results: several erosions in esophagus, gastritis and erososion in stomach, intestinal metaplasia, H. Pylori - negative, and A LOT OF STOMACH ACID MIXED WITH BILE IN THE STOMACH (!!!). BEFORE GASTROENDOSCOPY I DO NOT EAT ALL NIGHT AND HALF OF DAY(!!! how can a lot of acid be there???). I was prescribed omeprozal 20mg twice per day, but I think it gives just 20% of releaf. All these 2 years I just feel a bit better after eating - then burning stops about 80% for 2-3 hours.And I feel better after bigger meal (pizza, several pankakes, pasta). Diet food makes me feel much worse. Spicy food affect me not much I think, but i try not to eat such things. All day long I feel burning mouth, especially when I am hungry. I think stomach generate acid all the time and more than need. Even a glass of water provocate GERD. Then I band over, I feel that burning sensation ir my mouth became much greater. 

My organism just generates acid, and I can't control it. I understand that I need to take medications, but it's just makes my symtomps weaker, but do not affect root of cause of the disease. 

My story is not typical. So I'm looking for the help here. Maybe there are 

people who knows or guess what is going on with me and could give an advice. Maybe I'm not alone here with such situation. Any thoughts would be very appriciated. 

3 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello I'm being treated for acid reflux and I have lump feeling in my throat and uncomfortable feeling in my chest but no burning but my mouth is so uncomfortable too . tingling tongue and palate of my mouth hurts and my gums now :-( I have this every day. I have been referred to ENT but waiting for an appointment. So scared case it's something sinister . I'm 26 years old . Been through so much over the past few months and can't deal with health issue as well. I know there's people is a lot worse. But this is driving me crazy.
    • Posted

Hey guys, been there. Try 3ml of melatonin before bed for a couple of months. It can have miraculous results. Organic sauerkraut from the fridge at your health food store is great for getting your gut healthy again. If it's not refrigerated, then it's dead and absolutely of no use to you. A good refrigerated probiotic helps heaps. They aren't cheap but you can't put a price on your health. Go organic and cut all the crap out of your diet. An extra pillow and raised bed is good for sleep. Stress is a killer when you have gut problems. A lot of the time you may be in some level of discomfort but it is the mind that turns that discomfort into dread and dispair. If you've got a spiritual bent then read Eckhart Tolle's - The Miracle of Now. It will help put things in perspective and being calm helps you to get well. It's on youtube as an audio too.

Luck

• Posted

Can't say this enough on here 😃PROBIOTICS! You can buy probiotics, eat sauerkraut, kimchee or any other fermented food. But the fast track for me was and has been Probiotics! They have saved me. I was bedridden and in horrible pain. I couldn't even sit up due to pain. After 3 days the pain began to subside and by day seven I was able to begin eating again. I was living on two or three tablespoons of food stamps a time. PROBIOTICS yay! 😃
    • Posted

Hey, so good to hear a story with a happy ending. I stopped PPI's cold turkey after about 8 months and had zero rebound. I think this may have been because I was taking melatonin which is very close on a molecular level to omeprazole. But I developed a terrible septic taste in my mouth which I figured was because the PPI's had messed up my stomach flora and I wasn't properly digesting food, so gave probiotics a go. In 3 or 4 days the bad taste was gone. They do seem a potent fix for gut issues.

• Posted

About melatonin I hear first time. Does it reduce acidity like PPI or heal the body in general? And it was recommended by your doctor, or just decide to try by yourself?
    • Posted

Hey, google melatonin-acid reflux. It seems a pretty new science and there's some interesting research going on with great results for people with gut problems. A Naturapath recommended it. Naturapaths are geared towards getting you well again and seem to understand the disconnectedness of the body in a way western medicine doesn't, so I'd recommend a visit. Melatonin is cheap too

• Posted

I meant to say interconnectedness, no dis, smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.