My Symfony IOL results, 2018

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,  

I wanted to post this thread to add to the discussion about Symfony IOLs.

So far I am very happy.

I had my right eye surgery yesterday, for a worsening cataract in my Right Eye which was effecting my vision enough to make me want to proceed. The plan is do also operate on my left eye next week to provide balanced vision since the left eye cataract is not that bad.

I am 53 and have worn glasses since I was about 10.  I am near sighted and now have presbyopia for which I have been using progressive lens for the past 5 years. I have a very mild astigmatism in my right eye, but not enough to require a Toric lens. 

Enough for a starter, since when I tried to start this thread yesterday it was blocked pending approval by the Moderator?   My post on The Full Moon and Effects of Radiation on eye surgery were posted immediately, so I don't understand why that thread is held up.

Mike

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am having cataract surgery soon and am considering the Symfony IOL (Multifocal) for my right eye and the Symfony IOL Toric (Multifocal) for my left eye. I currently have difficulty with both my distance and close up vision and have to wear progressive glasses all the time. I really want to have clear distance vision and have read that I may be giving up more clear distance vision with the Symfony Multifocal lense than I would like. I do hate wearing glasses, howeve. I had Lasic surgery 11 years ago, and wore contacts prior to the Lasic surgery and also had to start wearing contacts again about 6 years after the Lasic surgery. The combination of the Lasic surgery and the contacts caused severe dryness, so I had to stop wearing the contacts again. I have been on prescription eye drops for the last 3 years to clear up the dryness.

A general question I forgot to ask my doctor - if I decide on the Symfony IOL will this be permanent or can your eyes change, which could result in my having to wear glasses later anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.