My symtoms since the start of my menapause and where I am now

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Ladies 

I would be lost without this site so thank you to all of you who have answers my worrying questions on so many occasions. I thought id list my symptoms for those who are only new to the site or are just beginning to experience them. I am also on 2mg HRT. These symptoms were spread out over 5 years and reoccur. Please feel free to do the same as may help other ladies starting out on this road.

My change first began with 

1. one week of hot flushes then they stopped

2. All of a sudden I felt like I couldn't breath as if someone was sitting on my chest and couldn't get enough oxygen in my lungs

3. Heart palpations just started while just sitting watching TV and ended up in A&E  totally embarrassed as I thought I was having a heart attack. So frightened - nothing wrong with me

4. Anxiousness like you are going for an interview multile feeling x 5, and at times feeling overwhelmed in my mind and with life

5. Loss of Joy, lots of crying and reflecting on life a lot, lots of doom and gloom. no point in being here

6. Shingles, thrush in my month and in private parts due to low immune system with hormone deficiency 

7. Migraine type headaches with dizziness and weird sensations in my head - awful

8. Stiffness when getting up in the morning and joint pains 

9. IBS  - this has been one of the worst for me. Wind and nauseas with constant wind in belly with belching, good and bad days ongoing

10. Waking up throughout  the night needing to pee 5-6 times and heat surges

11 waking up through the night with an awful thirst after being fully hydrated throughout the day, feeling faint with low sugar level- had to eat large bowl of porridge which helped- Blood work done and all fine.

12. Strange heat in my tummy, sometimes behind the eyes and other parts of my body!

13. Butterfly feelings in my abdomen, as a lady in here described it, bunnies in her tummy!! 

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am getting through this and feel much better now. I still get the above but not as severe and I am able to cope if they do. My joy is back and I feel so much better as this season is passing.  I hope that if you experience the above, you know that you are not alone and however frightening it is, you can share here.

Carol Kelso smile

7 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Carol,

So glad to hear that you have gotten your joy back. I can really identity with point #5:

5. Loss of Joy, lots of crying and reflecting on life a lot, lots of doom and gloom. no point in being here

I can also identify with many of the symptoms that Sarah has been going through.

It feels so reassuring to know that other women have gone through similar symptoms and are now starting to emerge on the other side.

Thanks so much for sharingsmile

• Posted

Hi bev.... Thanks and its one day at a time.. Lots of love. CK
  • Posted

Hi darl, I've had all the same symptoms as you and more. It's a nightmare. I'm on hrt conti patches, been on them nearly 3 years, they have helped with the hot flushes and dizziness. I'm is health anxiety and breathing at the moment. I'm obcessed with my breathing. But with this forum it's brought a lot of comfort to know I'm not on my own. So cheers to everyone lady on here and we will get to the end of the tunnel xxx

• Posted

#3 , #5 , #9 , #10 hit home.

#6.. I am so sorry!! Not yet 

So grateful for this site.  My number 1 all time worst symptom is health anxiety.  I can’t eat and just want to curl up and watch Old shows on tv

• Posted

Hi 2CHR. I know how you feel and its like warfare in the mind. You want to curl u and give up. It is one thing after the next. I was with a  nurse who was taking my blood and she felt like we do, when will it ever end and she reminded me that it does. But when you are in the throws of it, its terrible.

I also realised how vulnerable as a person I am. I never been to the GP so much and never felt so rubbish but I am coming out the other side as I can feel it.

Hang tight girl! Its a season. I felt that if I got through this, I can conquer anything!!

Blessings there with love.

CK 

• Posted

How long did it take you to get on hrt after all of your symptoms started?

• Posted

I'd a hysterectomy at 37 with ovaries left... But was 3 years ago this Nov I started on hrt.. The GP just prescribed them to me. my symptoms are still with me tough as havnt taken many away.. Helps for bone health ect.. Ck

• Posted

even if it helps a little I guess is better than nothing.  I’m so tired right now I can barely keep my eyes open.  I still have dinner to cook and clothes to iron.  Do they help you with your energy level?
    • Posted

Today I am very tired also.. Really exsauted and like you,I did ironing and washed floors on my day off... Also 30 min workout... So very tired. Have you tried spa tone, The liquid iron from boots... This has helped me with tiredness in the past.. Give them a week if you can take iron...the hrt has helped with some things not all... I take a nap when I need to and am learning to leave things that aren't urgent. We are about to sell our house and move to Stirling so I am a little stressed about this but looking forward at the same time...

Hope you get past this...

Ck

• Posted

Hi carol.  Can you explain the first time you had shingles?  I think I may have them starting, but not sure.  Thanks
    • Posted

Hiya... Well I felt absolutely terrible. Had awful back pain that would not shift and went for a deep sports massage to see if it would shift. I felt rotten like I was aching all over. I was at Mass and I asked God to reveal what was going on... I felt an itch/sting just under my rib cage when I noticed a rash. My friends who were there at church are both doctors, said of 'you have shingles' as I asked them to take a quick look and they were right...I was shocked... God did answer my prayer.

I was off work for a month. Very sore around rash area as it affects the nerves. Why do you think you have them? If you had chicken pocs as a child and you are under stress, you can get them. Go see your GP for treatment immediately if you are concerned or worried and they are very treatable. I hope you are okay there. CK

• Posted

Hello Carol

Thank you for your encouragement 

i had a total hysterectomy 10 years ago and had a very mild hot flushes which didn’t last.

Now, since the month of February, I have had all the symptoms of menopause except for depression. All 33 symptoms, very weird to go through at my age (57). I should be post menopause.

It is encouraging to read all about what women go through during peri, menopause and post menopause. Hope there is at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you.

Sera Niati

• Posted

Hi i had a hysterectomy 3 years ago been on hrt since the op just lately i have been having symptoms dry eyes and mouth achey water retention i am taking 1 mg elleste solo had dose reduced from 2 mg due to high blood pressure i am 52

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.