My Tecnis Problem

Posted , 8 users are following.

i am stuck with Symfony as it has been 4.5 years since surgery. the positive dysphotopsia is best as described by another poster in another thread on this forum. still another member has the same problem with Tecnis monofocal so it is not ring related and the ring related phenomena are not as bothersome. this also is specific to those with large pupils. size of tecnis edge glare is extremely large and the whole iol lights up when the light hits the edge making the entire vision distorted. extremely conflicted on whether it is worth the risk to exchange it out.

"From straight after surgery to now, I appear to have positive dyphotopsias which is disappointing. It’s a lot worse at night in a relatively dimly lit or dark room, a lot of light sources will have either a half-circular arc a fair distance above it. Some have a full thin halo, again a fair distance from the light source rather than right next to it. Some lights will also have light rays extending up to the arc like an open hand-held fan. "

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just had Tecnis 1 ZCB00 LE 2 months ago and RE one month ago. I get some quick flashing in both eyes on the outer edge which I barely notice. Really does NOT bother me to be truthful. Don't notice the floaters now either. Very minor issue with me.

• Posted

the problems i mention are usually experienced by large pupils.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.