My urination time and effort has increased the last two weeks. Sometimes 45 minutes. Usually 15-30

Posted , 10 users are following.

Just recently, I have started to leak too. Does this mean it's closer to getting surgery?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you mean that you are urinating every 15 to 30 minutes?

• Posted

Are you retaining urine (retention) ? Are you taking any meds ?

• Posted

I am retaining urine. I'm taking peridium and my terozosin was doubled from 5 to 10 mg a night. Why exactly does urine get retained. Is it the slowness of passing through the prostrate area getting worse?

• Posted

I am going to the bathroom twice or more as much when I wasn't retaining.

• Posted

A sudden increase in bathroom trips, along with increased urethral tract irritation, can be some sort of infection (UTI). I would go in for a urine analysis.

• Posted

See your doctor at once. If you're having serious difficulty in passing urine AND leaking you may well have serious retention problems which are very likely to cause permanent kidney damage. Make an urgent appointment -- if you can't get an immediate appointment go to your nearest hospital emergency department.

• Posted

I went to emergency department and they tested for a Urinary Tract Infection. No UTI. I said I felt bloated and was taking 25-40 minutes to urinate. Anyway urination times better now, but I still have leaking. The toughness to urinate still continued until a couple of recent urinations today.

• Posted

Do you think I should go back to emergency?

• Posted

I suggest getting a bladder scan ultra sound done to see how much you are retaining, takes 5 minutes. You may need to be catherized. I'm surprised the emergency room didn't that for you.

• Posted

Thanks Tim. I am going to go back today. The emergency room doctor might of been checking for a UTI, because I mentioned it. The retaining issues still remain.

• Posted

Thanks Tim. I will go back to emergency tommorrow....I appreciate your concern.

• Posted

Yes. I went in yesterday and they gave me some peridium. That took the pain away when urinating. They also did a bladder scan and I wasn't retaining. What I was dealing with originally was the urine not in the bladder yet. I get out the urine in the bladder first, go number 2 and then try to get out left over urine. It's because I take fiber capsules.

• Posted

It looks like I'll have to get a catheter. I'm hoping my new evaluation at new Urologist can help me get one. The first URO doesn't want to do surgery because for terp my prostrate is too small.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.