My urination time and effort has increased the last two weeks. Sometimes 45 minutes. Usually 15-30

Posted , 10 users are following.

Just recently, I have started to leak too. Does this mean it's closer to getting surgery?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mark,.......Knowing nothing about your particular problem and not very much about the whole prostrate matter means that I should avoid offering my ideas. But, after having experienced multiple catheter insertions and one without any form of anaesthetic, I feel compelled to tell you about my methods...just in case it can help you to suffer less.

In my case, my pancreas has closed down and this seems to be the "route-cause" of my urination problems. My system totally refuses to digest any sugars, caffeine, carbonated anything/everything, all fats and oils.

I have now gone to a very safe diet that does not include any of these foods/beverages. I also keep a daily urination chart to monitor everything and rate each urination from A+ through to F.

I noticed a long time ago that I could usually urinate OK in the day time, but the night time was problematical. I eventually had a prostrate ultrasound plus urinalysis and PSA tests. My prostrate measured 75mm X 55mm, the PSA was about 17 and my urinalysis indicated a lot of bacteria and was "cloudy".

My Urinologist put me on 30 days of Tamulosin and Finasteride, and then extended with a further 90 days.

During the course of these tablets, I decided to "massage" my prostrate by sitting on top of a soft ball and rocking back and forth. This seems to decrease the pressure that my prostrate places on my urethra and allows improved urination. The massage time is 90 seconds. In time, I found that this "prostrate exercise" was quite rough on my body and I now only use the "ball method" when I have to. During the night time, I now just sit-up in bed and rock back and forth for about 90 seconds. This seems to reduce the pressure from the still oversized prostrate and help with quick urinations.

Urination times range from "A+" and 10 seconds to 15 seconds in the day time to "E" which requires prostrate exercise.

The prostrate exercise has saved me from three catheter insertions in recent months.

I have just started 50 days of Prostalgene drops and after only four days, there does seem to be some improvement. After the drops finish, I will possibly try these Saw Palmetto tablets.

I hope that this info can be of some help in relieving your night-time problem. Obviously, seeing a reputable urologist is an absolute necessity for you....as it was for me.

Cheers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.