My vagina is messed up. Help!

Posted , 22 users are following.

I had a baby a little over a year ago. i ripped really bad then the stiches got infected. i was treated but have slight ptsd over the experience and havent really investigated my vagina since. I knew there were changes to my labia but recently i actually got the nerve to look really well and this is what I saw. Im sick over how it looks around the opening to my vagina. There is no pain, it has always slightly hurt during intercourse and im sore after but I assumed that was scar tissue causing a problem. cysts? vasticular papilomatosis? hpv ( i had the hpv vaccines 10 years ago)? Did my husband give me an std? crazy scar tissue? help!! i have a doctors appt coming up.

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I made an account just to tell you it's normal and mine is similar. I have scar tissue from two episiotomies, the first I accidently tore badly but was fixed. I do kegals everyday just to help my pelvic floor but it was so bad that I could feel my baby's head on the upper wall of my vagina up to the finger tip line when I was pregnant. it's a combo of pelvic floor and tissue trauma.

I'm sorry you deal with ptsd due to it. I know what it's like ♡ you're normal. image

• Edited

Hey,

your pic looks exactly like mine after having a baby! i googled and was panicked by the word prolapse everywhere! have you been told the appearance is normal? the doctors have checked mine laying down and said all is ok but i guess i keep comparing it to what it used to be and google has sent me in a panic

• Posted

mine looks just like yours have u seen an ob gyn and is it normal

• Edited

Its amazing we aren't educated more about our vaginas.. why are they still such a mystery to a lot of us? I've looked at my vaginal opening only a couple of times in my life and I've had three kids! my friend said i should get to know myself down there to enjoy sex more. So I got a mirror and was actually pretty worried about what I saw, lumps, bumps and very uneven skin..totally not what I was expecting..So I've been googling to see what 'normal' vaginal openings look like and I'm more than relieved to see we are all so different at least. However, I'm still not 100% certain that I've not got hpv ( there are a lot of bumps around my vaginal opening). Can anybody see anything that looks like hpv/warts on my photo at all? I had a difficult first birth and I'm hoping its scar tissue.

Been pretty worried since I started exploring 😕

• Edited

i have struggled to find anyone with similar inside of their vagina, i had a traumatic birth 5 years ago, 26 hours and endend in an Episiotomy. ive only been having sex for past two year since. i have constant pain , swelling, vaginal heaviness and thrush / UTI symptoms at least once a month. its making my life hell and putting a huge strain on my relationship.

ive had swabs and always come back negative for UTI and thrush and BV

doctor thinks its in my head but i enjoy sex, always want it but its like my vagina has a mind of its own and rejects it.

imageimage

• Posted

Hey I'm sorry you're struggling. This looks like torn hymen remnants which people have without giving birth too. That's very normal but pain during sex should be investigated.

• Posted

Always get tested but no it just looks like pieces of hymen. Very normal.

• Edited

Hi there. It looks normal with hymen remnants around the edge, most people have this. They can change shape or disappear during birth or remain there as they were. The only thing that looks a bit unusual are the small lumps on your vagina walls. See your doctor about it, it could be a benign condition. There seems to be some white discharge too. But overall it looks fine and not "messed up". People tend to inspect their vagina entrance more closely after a traumatic event like birth and don't usually look at their vagina walls so closely. It may have always been that way but either way, it looks fine. Rest assured that most people's vagina introitus and canal have many lumps and bumps, it's how it's supposed to be. If it was smooth then that would indicate an issue like low estrogen. Most people are born with a hymen so it's very normal to retain pieces of it that are on the edge of the opening. The inside also has rugae and lots if folds, it's very normal. But as I said, get it checked due to that papilloma-like appearance. It could be a number of harmless things but good to rule HPV out.

• Posted

The tissue at the bottom is probably where you tore and it is just scar tissue.

• Posted

has anyone been to pelvic floor physical therapy for poor vaginal tone....just wondering if it works

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.