My withdrawal progress

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi together.

Yesterday it was my 6th night on 7.5mg of Mirtazapine (instead of 15mg). Moreover I could not take my dose on Saturday since my wife was celebrating her birthday so I had a few bottles of beer and did not want to combine it with med. What I experience so far is maybe slightly worse sleeping (really slightly worse). In this thread I would like to post my progress of withdrawal since I know many of people here go or would like to go through it as well and such threads would be very helpful for me.

My questions now:

1) did anybody experience really heavy back pain + shoulder pain + weakness in arms and palms (fingers) - all the time while on Mirtazapine?

2) did anybody experience huge volume of stool every day - all the time while on Mirtazapine?

Thank you all!

0 likes, 132 replies

132 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi neogenx

Yes all classic signs of withdrawals

I'm on week 4 and still getting them although not as bad

I am constantly on the loo too

S x

• Posted

Hi Suzannah.

Thank you for the reply.

I wanted to ask you whether you got the pains also while you were on correct dose of Mirtazapine. I mean not only while withdrawing. Thank you

• Posted

Mirtazapine served me well for 3 years at varying doses of 30 and 45

3 years ago i upped dose to 45 and ended up with severe anxiety and panic attacks

That's why I'm coming off of them now

Ive suffered the whole time with my hios/back pain and has really affected my bowels

Im still waiting to stabilise on this dose before i reduce some more

Svx

• Posted

Have you suffered with back pain and bowels all the time coming off or all the time you have been on Mirtazapine? Sorry for maybe stupidly asking but I am not native english speaker and maybe I do not understand well. Thank you
    • Posted

Yes

Have always had back ache but only occasionally but still quite severe

They've been worse last 3 years

S x

• Posted

hi,i have an interest in your taper as i just started 6 days ago.(10% taper from 15mg using oral sol).have you noticed any great change being on 7.5 than 15 ?? I am coming off as the lethargy was just too much.I also had bad leg aches.
    • Posted

Hi plainden. Well, honestly I did not notice any big change ... maybe the pain in my back and shoulders is slightly higher. Still I am sleeping pretty well. But also I am pretty tired and drowsy during the day. Did you also notice strange feeling in nose? I do not know the right word since I am not native english speaker. Maybe something like burning or pinching.
    • Posted

My nose is fine.Since I began reducing the first 2 days were a bit bad but after that I have been very well considering how things have been.I know it is early days so I am just taking things one day at a time.My sleep is a bit off but in general i get 7 hours.
    • Posted

Well, I can still sleep 8-10 hours but it is not good quality sleeping at all. In the morning I am really tired, fatigued, drowsy ... this is how it has been all the time on Mirtazapine.
  • Posted

Hello Neogeinx,

have and had the same as you on Mirtazapine, i am now on 3.75 mg for two days, see how that goes. I want you to know that your not alone on this.

• Posted

Hi Karin.

Thank you for your reply.

What is your "Mirtazapine history"?

I have started 15mg straight in middle February. And beginning May I lowered to 7.5mg.

• Posted

Hello Neogenx,

You´re wellcomesmile

I have started in april 2015 on 30 mg after 2 ssri´s, they made me mad.

But 30 mg was way to much for me i couldn´t get out of the chair and my head was al mixed up, so after 5 weeks i decided with the dr. to go further on 15 mg of Mirt.

I was a month on 15 mg.

But i got so afraid of add´s that i could not function on 15 mg also, it was not me al the time.

Then i taperted slowly for over 4 months. In the meanwhile i got also on Citalopram and Zoloft prescript by pdoc. I can not bear ssri´s i miss an enzym in the liver that must get rid of the ssri. So it acumulatus and then you got mad of the medicine. I think it´s not so strange that i become afraid.

In december 2015 i began with 7.5 mg Mirta once again because i got very anxies. Half of januari 2016 i took 15 mg of MIrt and i was forgotten how it feels.

I forgot everything also on 7.5 mg, cloudy head, breathless, muscle pain en tired, fatique all the time. I was afraid to go outside and also go to the store, my husband took care of the houshold.

I have bin 4 weeks on 7.5 mg and got more and more tired and my head was so foggy i couldn´t think straight.

So now on 3.75 mg i will see what happen, i will stick with it till the symptoms are gone or almost gone. I must say that i am afraid that the anxiety will come back.

Also sorry for my bad English because i am from Hollandsmile

• Posted

Well, not a good story. I am sorry to hear that you cannot handle any SSRI because I would recommend you these. I am also on Escitalopram (Cipralex) and I can honestly say that this one helped me pretty much. I would like to stay only with this one. I also hope Mirtazapine causes my problems (tiredness, fatigue, drowsiness, ill feeling, ...) and not Escitalopram.
    • Posted

No it´s not a good story but i tryed it after so many years of anxiety and a burnout in 2014 but nothing helps.

Oldboy also recommended an ssri but i can not tolerate them fortunately.

I also hope with you that the Mirt is causing these problems.

I hope that you come off easely.

I will folow your treath here.

Greetz Karin.

• Posted

Thank you Karin.

Take care and, please, share your progress here as well.

• Posted

Thanks also Neogenx.

You also take care and wish you the best and i shall share my progress here.

Nice forum with lovely people here who wants to help.

• Posted

Karin I also am weaning myself off of mirt. I am down to 5 mg. Now for 3 weeks. I also started paxil 3 weeks ago, waiting to stabilize for next drop. My question is feeling nervous, shaky and fatique, do you think its the paxil start up or from the reduction of mirt? Just need your option or anyone else's. Thank you and hope your doing well

• Posted

Hello Patty,

It´s a question i don´t think i can answer.

I think how lower the Mirt how more fatique but that is my experience.

But also beginning with an ssri can cause fatique and shakingness and nervous.

Maybe it is the Paxil that causes nervousness and the Mirt slows it down.

My experience with Mirt was when i was on 30 mg en stopped with Setraline it puts me down.

But maybe is here anyone who had the same experience as you, i hope that someone can answer that for you.

I wish you the best.

• Posted

Hi Patty

Those all sound like wd from Mirt sadly ... fatigue seems to get worse the lower you go 'some days', some days not so bad (for me too).  I am down to 3.9 mg (with liquid Mirt).  So far so good, just a very slow taper.

What mg did you drop from and how long are you holding for at each dose?

Its worth keeping a journal and looking back, for me, each drop around day 5-7 I am feeling more fatigue, that subsides then I feel low, that lifts and I feels great !!!  Then its time to do it all again ugh ... I might treat myself and stay with the "feeling great" for a few more days this time.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi calmer, I started at 15 mg, went 11.25, held that till I felt better, then 7.5 for 2 weeks, now 5 mg for 3 weeks. Having a hard time on the last drop.
    • Posted

Next I'll go to 3.75.. Not looking forward to it but I want off of it
    • Posted

I think the lower doses are the hardest, 7.5 was worse for me than the 4 mg strangely, you might want to hold for longer between the drops, 10% every 4 weeks to help your nervous system restructure?.  You're braver than me lol, I'm doing small drops.  Anyway I hope it goes ok for you, 

• Posted

Thank you calmer. I am going to stay at 5 mg for 4 weeks. I don't have liquid so I'm going to try a slower taper with the tablets. Hope you are having a great feeling day.
    • Posted

Your spot on on the lower dosage withdrawal! GP confirmed that with me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.