My withdrawal progress

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi together.

Yesterday it was my 6th night on 7.5mg of Mirtazapine (instead of 15mg). Moreover I could not take my dose on Saturday since my wife was celebrating her birthday so I had a few bottles of beer and did not want to combine it with med. What I experience so far is maybe slightly worse sleeping (really slightly worse). In this thread I would like to post my progress of withdrawal since I know many of people here go or would like to go through it as well and such threads would be very helpful for me.

My questions now:

1) did anybody experience really heavy back pain + shoulder pain + weakness in arms and palms (fingers) - all the time while on Mirtazapine?

2) did anybody experience huge volume of stool every day - all the time while on Mirtazapine?

Thank you all!

0 likes, 132 replies

132 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

DAY 7: Very good sleeping but morning was the same - fatigue, tiredness, I almost fell asleep while driving to the office. Mild nausea is still present, however I can eat. Still can feel that "butterflies" feeling in my belly. Have also burning feeling in my eyes...
    • Posted

Hello Neogenx,

Good that you had a good sleep.

I had the same as you, fatique, tiredness en so on.

I have yesterday evening reinstated 15 mg of Mirt, it did not go.

I was not better when i was tapering but wanted of adds.

So i will give Mirt another try, it is the only add i can cope with.

Want to let you know.

I hope the feelings you have are soon over.

• Posted

Thank you Karin.

Well, if Mirtazapine is the only AD you use, maybe it is worth to give it another try. My point is that I am on Cipralex and Mirtazapine. Do not want to stay on too many meds. Moreover I have been on Warfarin almost 10 years.

• Posted

Yes i understand, for me it also not an option beiing on two ads, then i don´t know anymore what the ad´s do for me.

I am using benzo´s as well. While i was on MIrt 15 mg i use not so many benzo´s, maybe i can get off of them while on Mirt, i must give it a try.

You have also tryed other ad´s.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Oh yes. I tried also Citalec (Citalopram) but I was not able to sleep and Trittico (Trazodone) but with this one I couldn't eat well ...
  • Posted

DAY 8: Today I also had good sleeping but still morning getting up is a challenge. On the other hand I have to write that morning fatigue is a little lower today. Butterflies still present in my belly. Yesterday afternoon I have pretty positive mood so I decided to go for jogging. This happened after more than one year pause. I took 4.5km route and it was great. It was sunny, nature around ... it was fantastic indeed.
  • Posted

I am now on day 11 of first taper of 10% from 15mg.I felt great for 9 days.Yesterday

I had nausea with anx which lasted till 7pm.Today is more of the same.I

hope it will pass soon.Second cut is meant to be on tuesday ie 3 days time.

If this does not pass I am tempted to postpone next cut for a week, but if symptoms pass

I will coninue with second cut.i hav been on mirt 18 monhs and want to see if

I can cope without Ad's - they did their job but side effect of lethargy is unbearble

• Posted

Hi plainden.

I am on DAY 10. It is moreless the same like previous days but still not getting better. I would expect some improvement. I tapered directly from 15 to 7.5mg

• Posted

Hi Neogenx,

Hold on for a week or so and see what will happen on 7.5 mg. I have stayed four week on 7.5 mg and the tiredness did not wore off. It is a difficult turn to 7.5 mg i have read here.

I hope it will get better for you in a few days.

• Posted

That was a big jump. I agree with Karin, stay there a bit longer. My last taper didn't feel any better until the 12 the to 14 the day, but everyone is different. Next taper make it a smaller one.
  • Posted

DAY 13: So, I have almost 2 weeks done after taper down from 15 to 7.5mg. Still I cannot see any hard withdrawals. I have rather feeling that the things are the same as they were before tapering. I will stay on this dose for another 2 weeks and then will try to go down to 7mg (using crushing of pills, mixing them with water and juice and dosing with syringe).
    • Posted

Day 14 for me on taper by 10% from 15mg.The last 4 days i have had a bad back,aching limbs,mild nausea and mild anx and TIREDNESS.Today i feel marginally better.The first 10 days I felt great.My doc wants me to do another 10% cut tomorrow.I am unsure.I was thinking about stayling for another week to see if i improve.I really want to get off this stuff
    • Posted

Hi plainden.

I would propose you the same you are thinking about - stay another week to see if you are doing well or not

• Posted

Hi Plainden

The 10% rule should be for a month, and it sure sounds like you will need all this time to restabilise, yes be kind to yourself and wait for all those wd symptoms to pass. 

Are you breaking the tablets to get your measures or making a liquid?

I can understand why you felt well until day 10, some get it out at 2-4 weeks, then it comes as a shock and is hard to fix.

Best wishes Plainden smile

• Posted

Hi and thanks for reply.I am using liquid.I must admit my GP was a bit reluctant to give me liquid due to cost and i felt slightly pressured to do 2 weeks instead of 4 .How long do you reckon it'll take for me to stabilise (bearing in mind everyone is diff?)
    • Posted

So your taper was 10%, i.e. 15mg to 13.5 mg ??  It's hard to say when you might stabilise, but the 2 week mark might be a turnaround for you.  As pressured as youu feel, if you do another taper before you've recovered from the first drop you might feel even worse, well 98% sure to feel worse.  It is far better to let your nervous system settle before moving down otherwise, in the long run, it will be really hard.

There is another way other than the liquid, if your doctor wants to push you because of the cost of liquid Mirt' and that is with the Mirt' Sol Tabs whichg dissolve more readily than the tablets.  It's a real pain because the instructuon leaflet of the liquid says it only lasts 6 weeks once opened, that it may lose its potency.  Well I havn't noticed lost potency after 8 weeks, but I wont push it any further than that, just in case.

If its any help at all, I'm using liquid doing a 5% cut every 2 weeks, my worst symptom is fatigue around day 5/6 which eases up around day 10 and then I feel great for a few days before another cut ... ugh !  Apparently the brain takes 2 weeks longer to catch up with the physical symptoms, the old neuro transmitters readjusting ~ shouldn't be rushed, GP's aren't necessarily trained about neuroplasticity.

Anyway hope youu go on ok, do the sums for either 10% 5% or maybe even 7% OF THE LAST DOSE each time, but if you can hold for repair.

Best wishes, hope it goes well for you.  

• Posted

Hi and thanks for reply and advice.Yes cut was to 13.5%.As you say the liquid dos not last long - I don't think my GP realised !! Anyway it's a start but there is a long way to go.
    • Posted

Yes I don't think my GP knew what she was letting herself in for either lol.  I think I must be on my 4th bottle now, I get a little anxious each time I need to renew, but to be honest, I think she is so busy she just writes up another repeat script, I can't get to see her she's so busy which sadly is so wrong for many folk, but I'm ok.  If ever the liquid nectar supply stops i'll go over to Sol Tabs.

Yes long way to go, safe journey is best journey though hey smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.