My withdrawal progress

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi together.

Yesterday it was my 6th night on 7.5mg of Mirtazapine (instead of 15mg). Moreover I could not take my dose on Saturday since my wife was celebrating her birthday so I had a few bottles of beer and did not want to combine it with med. What I experience so far is maybe slightly worse sleeping (really slightly worse). In this thread I would like to post my progress of withdrawal since I know many of people here go or would like to go through it as well and such threads would be very helpful for me.

My questions now:

1) did anybody experience really heavy back pain + shoulder pain + weakness in arms and palms (fingers) - all the time while on Mirtazapine?

2) did anybody experience huge volume of stool every day - all the time while on Mirtazapine?

Thank you all!

0 likes, 132 replies

132 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

DAY 22: Hi guys. So, 3 weeks passed, I still feel the same, maybe a little better. Yesterday I was so drowsy after I woke up. Today it was much better again ... it is really like on a swing. Anyway I can say that I did not experience (knock knock) any strong withdrawals. What still persists (and was present even on 15mg dose) - burning eyes, burning feeling in my nose, slight tiredness ... The eyes are biggest problem I would say ... It is like one have sand in the eyes.
  • Posted

I started wd from mirt Tuesday 17th May.

Not a conventional way either. Went from 30mgs to 15 first day then 22.5 mgs for a few days then skipped all meds for two days. Then for last 2 nights it's back to 22.5mgs.

Ok the wd effect so far is Less anxiety over the days with no meds and slightly less anxiety with the lower dosages last week.

I d

• Posted

Ops!

I did notice my lips feeling like a anaesthetic was lightly applied. Like the easing after having a feeling.

I felt migraine ish but. Didn't get one.

And yesterday (Tuesday) I felt a bit emotional.

So intend to stick to 22.5mgs tell next Tuesday with may be an escape day. This is where I'll miss a dose or reduce just for that day. Then back to wd.

Hope this helps some of you!

• Posted

DAY 35:

Hi together. So ... it's been 5 weeks after my drop from 15mg to 7.5mg. Still feel moreless the same ... In 1-2 weeks I would like to try to go down to 6mg ...

Question: Did anybody experience eyes burning while tappering down?

• Posted

Yes, burning eyes, lips, mouth are all on the wd list of common symptoms.  Although I experienced burning everything before I started my taper, nothing suprising with Mirt !!
    • Posted

Hi Calmer.

Thank you for your words ... of course I called to my pdoc to ask her whether my problems are linked with Mirtazapine. How silly I was thinking she could confirm my thoughts ... According to her words it "most probably" is just an allergy symptom because now it is a season of allergies ... damn doctors ...

• Posted

DAY 38:

Well, it seems that WDs finally caught me. Today is really bad day. Much stronger nausea, since I woke up I was anxious. Now it is better but during morning many times I thought I will fall into crying spell. Is it really possible that after more than 5 weeks after tapering from 15mg to 7.5mg WDs arrive? Thank you so much for any kind words.

• Posted

DAY 49:

Hi together!

So, I have to admit that after 7 weeks things are going better and better. The fatigue is not that severe as it was. Eyes burning, mouth burning, etc. - all of that appear just occasionally. I am still on 7.5mg and will keep that for another few weeks since I feel really good (85% of my former condition). So, I just wanted to encourage all of you coming off Mirtazapine that things will go better. But it takes time indeed. Wish you luck!

• Posted

Hi Neogenx

I missed your last post when you ask about protracted wd after 5 weeks, yes indeed Sir, some get it months out.  

Glad to hear you 'sounding' positive anyways.  What is your plan for the next drop?  Maybe I'm falling on deaf ears, but bear in mind, when on the lower doses the drops count just as much, if not more so, it seems, from others I am following on another forum.  Big cuts not for the faint hearted, be kind to yourself, stay safe, best wishes.

• Posted

WELL DONE, meant to say hope the suffering ceases soon for you x
    • Posted

Hello Neogenx

It is really for every one different when it sets in.

I also missed your post.

I am so glad that it is going better for you after so many weeks and that you stick with it, great!

I will keep following you, thanks for the update, it is giving hopesmile

• Posted

Thank you Calmer, thank you Karin.

Hope the things will go the same direction. What I noticed last days is a slight dizziness or vertigo. Could it be linked with my new spectacles I got last week? It is my first time using spectacles (1,25 dioptry). Thanks for following!

• Posted

Hi Neogenx

There are 58 'listed' symptoms of Mirt' WD, and then some, so it could well be.  But if youu have first time glasses I'd give it time, could well be those.

As I can't put a link up here i'll inbox you the link to those symptoms & sympton checker list.

• Posted

DAY 63: Hi together! So the time goes by and I am still getting better and better. On Friday i took apportunity and visited big dancing open-air festival near my hometown. As I was going to drink some alcohol I intentionally missed my dose of Mirtazapine. Evening was great as well as whole night ... I came back home 7am, alittle drunk but really good mood. Next day I was pretty OK, had a sauna in the evening. However today I feel a little worse. It seems that I caught a cold during the night in festival. I have runny nose, sneezing ... anyway, generally the things go very well. I hope I will be able to lower the dose soon. I bought a pill crusher ... a syringe ... So I am ready to go ... But a little feared. How are you guys doing? I would like to here from somebody of you
    • Posted

Hi Neogenx

I think it might be better to take the Mirt anyway, drinking or not, just once in a while is ok, gotta have some fun sometimes.

So where are you at now, which mg?  

I'm doing pretty good, at 3.15 mg, using liquid.  Fatigue is way better now, and I am please to report that some weight is started to shift yayyyy, at last.  For me personally, I seem to have some of my mojo back, more get up and go and the motivation is returning, touch wood, so am able to go to the yoga/gym/pilates more, rather than preserving the little energy that I had before,  I seem more energised for doing more - if that makes sense !

So what is your plan for the next drop?  Fear not, go slow, proceed safely.  

And if anyone kicks in writing here that they cold turkeyed and advising to do the same, please use your own thread because it isn't for us, thank you.

Best wishes Neogenx  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.