Mycotic Arthritis - Start asking your doctor about it.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I discovered a reference to this condition recently and it led me to diagnose and succesfully self treat my lower back pain and sciatic pain.

I hope it's helpful to others suffering from the same condition.

Mycotic Arthiritis is a fungal infection of the load bearing joints. (knees, hips and spine). The infection takes a long time to develop and degrades the joint, causing joint pain. In my case, the condition got worse over six years and also caused terrible paralysing sciatic pain. I couldn't walk, sit or stand for weeks at a time. The condition is supposedly a very rare condition and is not widely known by the medical profession.

I found out about it while doing some detective work and research on back and sciatic problems. 

It might be hard to believe, but once i'd made the diagnosis and self medicated(in a state of desperation), the spine stiffness mostly cleared in three days and the sciatic pains disappeared after 5 days and I was working normally again after seven days, 

The treatment that I took was an anti fungal prescribed medicine and coconut ( a natural anti fungal).

I dont know how it worked quite so well and so quickly, but I do know that it was the lucky combination of the prescribed treatment and the coconut that worked so effectively.

I really hope its helpful, and look forward to any comments or questions

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As a final update to this and other discussions that I’ve written on on this forum.

Firstly, I’m not sure if I’m still in the correct section heading. What started out as a back problems seamed to evolve into something much more serious, Though saying that, It was a back problem to start with, but probably near the high end of the serious scale. Just going by the symptoms that I experienced the problem also seemed very similar to fibromyalgia and the treatments that I used seemed to parallel some alternative treatments used for cancer, though, it seems that if you don’t get an official diagnosis then its not possible to have something. So I seem to be stuck with the official diagnosis of sciatica. 

Anyway, whatever it was, here is my final draft of my techniques and treatments to become well again. I avoided pharmaceutical drugs (fluconazole) in the later stages as the side effects were not too good and I discovered what seemed to be a less aggressive and more natural alternative.

Firstly, the best thing that I discovered was that basic old fashioned soap is the best and simplest treatment for tumour like things near the skin surface and deeper. The reason being, as I understand, is that opaque bar soap is alkaline and by applying it to the skin it reduces the acidity level of the skin and destroys infections.

Also, Think of soap as a preventative treatment. Glycerin soap is not the same as traditional soap and I avoided soap with propylene glycol as an additive. Soap with minimum ingredients is best.

Soap seems particularly good at relieving muscle pains and fibromyalgia type pains when left on the skin surface for 20 minutes or so.

What was really very surprising and affirming was that on reading the ingredients of soap I discovered that the main ingredients were coconut oil and palm oil. As in 'cocoate and palmate'  More on palm oil later.

For correct use of soap think 'Turkish bath' ie apply to skin, leave for several minutes and rinse. That's probably the most important lesson I've learn't from this whole escapade.  There should really be instructions on a bar of soap.  Also, it really isn't very good under a shower, as the soap is rinsed immediately and has no time to be effective. 

The following is my food method to get rid of tumour like things and other associated problems and joint problems.

A strict diet of.

Red meat, eggs, Block rye bread (100% rye), Rye biscuits, Oak cakes (ideally without sunflower oil),  Lots of Spinach and Kale (at least 200g per day), onions, porridge, soya milk, Raisins, sultanas, berry fruits (black and blue and others probably) , limes, coconut milk 75%, tahini, peanut butter(cheap variety, with palm oil), Nuts (most types) but not too many brazils,  a little beer (with minimum sugar content), 

Oils - Coconut and unrefined palm oil.

Herbs and spices - Most types but particularly Oregano/oregano oil and chilly powder.

I only consumed things that I knew the ingredients of, or were organic. 

Unrefined palm oil seems to have similar properties to coconut oil but much more effective.

Things that I avoided for the duration of the illness, though I can tolerate these things now to some extent.

Sugar and processed foods particularly.

All tree fruits. Peaches, plums, oranges, lemons etc etc, with the exception of limes and bananas and a few apples.

Anything that would be acidic, like pineapple, lemons and oranges.

Sunflower oil, where possible.

Alcohol, mostly. Wine in particular. 

I avoided alcohol sugar substances like propylene glycol because I experienced a very serious elevation of the problem from getting this substance on my hands in the workshop. (it seemed to be absorbed very easily through the skin)

As I understand, Propylene glycol is metabolised into an acid in the body, which could be the reason for such a bad reaction.

I avoided tooth paste also. Propylene glycol is present in some toothpaste, leading to delayed head aches, dizziness and lack of concentration.  and also processed foods, cosmetics and some soaps.

I also avoided similar sounding substances also, as a precaution. For no other reason other than they sound similar.    Polypropylene glycol (PPG), polyethelene glycol (PEG). for example.  I’m also very suspicious of glycerin, but this may be because it generally includes propylene glycol.

Simple food treatments 

The following recipe is the most efficient treatment that I've discovered to date. I’ve tested it over several months and it works incredibly well.

It seems like an alternative to fluconazole but much less aggressive and with no obvious side effects, It seems to be very efficient and subtle.

It seems to reduce tumours, ease joint pains and makes one feel generally better. 

Add a small glass of coconut milk (75% plus coconut) to a milk pan and place on a low heat. Add 1 level teaspoon of ground turmeric and 1/2 level teaspoon of unrefined palm oil. Simmer and stir for a minute or two. Pour into a glass and drink very slowly. 

(Unrefined palm oil is used in african cooking mostly and is bright yellow/orange in colour. Same colour as a very effective soap).

I did this twice a day on an irregular basis. Perhaps for three days and then a week later for 3 days etc etc. 

Add to this a 100g bar of high percentage (80% plus) chocolate every now and then ( maybe one or two a week) and additionally, jars of peanut butter with extra added unrefined palm oil (1 teaspoon) and sometimes turmeric and often raisins.

Note: The chocolate and peanut butter does have a small amount of sugar, which I could deal with during the recovery stage of the illness. I would have avoided any sugar in the really bad stages.

In these simple ingredients and combinations I found all the help that I needed. 

Side effects to date.

From taking coconut - It seems that when I take coconut now my near vision eyesight becomes a bit blurred. This clears up when I stop talking it. My eye sight is far better than a few years ago.  

From eating peanut butter ( one small jar a day for several days) -  This can give me some pain to my kidneys which stops when I stop eating it. The benefit seemed to out weigh the discomfort. Though It was a calculated gamble which seems to have paid off.

Loss of short term memory for a few weeks after taking Turmeric/coconut/palm oil mix. Memory has returned to normal now and no further problems.

I've not mentioned it previously, but I also had terrible pains in my lungs. I think this was a knock on from the problem/tumour I had in my back and spine.

I dealt with this by inhaling the vapour from heated oregano oil.

I would put 4 drops of oregano oil/olive oil mix into a cup of boiling water and carefully inhale a small amount of the vapour. I cant express too much how strong the oregano oil is. It's very caustic and can burn in high concentrations. One or two inhalations over a day or two seemed enough to ease the problems and pain.

Or alternatively, just put lots of dried oregano in your food and breath the vapours.

Also, the vapours of oregano oil are very good about the house, to kind of fumigate the living spaces. Again, not much is needed.

Oregano and olive oil mix also seems to be the most effective treatment for Onychomycosis. Going back a few years I applied it sparingly under the nail once a week until it was cleared up and it never returned.  The nail must be very dry, so it can be absorbed fully.  It did sting a bit as I remember.

In brief conclusion. (and in my opinion)

The causes were. (over the past 30 years)

1. The introduction of showers (making soap non effective) and leading to a less effective alternative to soap.

2. Badly designed bedding/mattresses using inappropriate materials.

The exacerbating factors were.

1. Penicillin based antibiotics

2. Sugars and sugary substances, particularly propylene glycol.

The preventative solution is.

1. Soap and the correct use of soap.

2. Well designed bedding with a changeable barrier layer over the mattress.

3. Careful use of antibiotics

4. Avoidance of certain food and product additives

Hope its helpful, Is taken eight years of helliish times to get here, but it all seems to have worked out fine, eventually.

• Posted

Regarding the last part of the post. (3. Careful use of antibiotics) I dont mean to use antibiotics, I mean avoid pennecilin based antibiotics unless absolutely neccesary because they seemed to make the problem much worse.
    • Posted

Just another and hopefully final note.  Thank you very much to whoever came up with the idea of mixing black pepper with turmeric. The pepper does seem to up the effectiveness. The combination I use is. coconut milk, turmeric and black pepper. This seems particularly good for joints, and everything really really.

Beware of coconut milk with additives and E numbers and emulsifiers. particularly E435 and all the other sugar alcohol substances. 

Someone should have a really hard look for any connections between the illness I discribed above and Xylitol. Look at it as a triggering mechanism.

Xylitol, as is decribed mineralises the teeth and bones. The illness or ailment

tends to be drawn to the bones and joints. Maybe theres a connection. I think there is, but that's just me making connections and the problem did seem to start again after a visit to the dentist some years ago and advice to use a certain chewing gum product.

If after taking the coconut, turmeric and black pepper combo you get alarming bumps coming to the skin surface (this is a  good sign, its just the body doing it's job) the following combo, I found, sorts this problem at the skin surface really well. 

Coconut oil and oregano oil. 

Mix/disolve 4 to 6 drops of pure oregano oil in one teaspoon of cooconut oil at warm room temperature. try not to get the mixture too warm as the active ingredient evaporates. remake every 7 days. I apply 3 times a day and this works fine.

Just to clarify what I think about my previous postings and its relevance to the discussion of back ache and joints problems etc. I think what I have experienced covers many forum headings but particularly back and joint problems. I think they are all connected, but the symptoms show in different ways.

As regards back problems, I think one of the causes of back or joint problems is not so much the joints, but small infections or cysts within the muscles, which most people probably have by cause of life in general, that become broken when putting large stresses on the muscles. I think it is then that the poison or infection spreads about that area and causes pain and then infects the joints. 

With my experience and knowledge now, if I were to get a bad pain after lifting a heavy object, which I do all the time, the lifting that is, then I'd hit the problem really hard with the coconut,turmeric and pepper combo. This happened two weeks ago to my hip area and I reduced what a few years ago would have been at least a week immobile and several weeks in recovery to 24 hrs being immobile and 1 days recovery. 

That was very satisfting, knowing and proving a solution. The small joys of life.

• Posted

Another point that I forgot to mention. 

Regarding pain levels as per the ailment described previously and comparison of pain levels.

Some months ago I had a road accident and smashed an important bone into three pieces. This was quite painful at the point of impact but in comparison to the pain experienced during the really bad episodes of the back problem it was frankly, just a bit of an annoyance. On a scale of 1 - 10 the back problem was 10 lasting weeks at a time and the broken bone was about 3. Several years of debilitating agony sort of ups the threshold a bit and I think the ambulance people were a bit surprised that with a visibly broken bone I could be so calm and with such a low heart rate. Another small and satisfying joy of life.

After the accident the ambulance people and hospital staff were absolutely brilliant in the way they dealt with the problem and bolted things back together. I am much indebted. Many thanks.

• Posted

Here are my final thoughts and realisations on the subject and a few things that I found really helpful. 

Something that I found really useful following the taking of the coconut milk, turmeric, and black pepper combo, and why.

I found that consuming butter to have a cessation/stopping action on the effects of the coconut milk, turmeric, and black pepper combo.

As much as 40 grams of unsalted butter (good quality) at a time on rye crisp bread, which was quite a lot, and intermittently and over some days/ weeks, I can’t remember exactly, but just when I felt like it. Then just as normal.  (as a guide, my weight is about 13 stone/83kg)

Since then I’ve broken all my rules of not eating sugars and dairy have consumed packet upon packet of cheap sugary biscuits and milk to restore my energy levels and replace all the body fat that I’d lost. 

Additionally, in the latter stages of the illness I added a smallish amount of ground coriander seeds to the Coconut turmeric black pepper combo and whilst I’m still not 100% sure if it helped, it did feel like there were some additional effects.

Why. As I’ve discussed previously. I found that taking the coconut milk, turmeric, and black pepper combo to be very effective at getting rid of infections/tumours, etc.

My original thoughts, which I wrote a few years back, on the effectiveness were that the coconut functioned as a delivery system for the included substance, either turmeric, oregano, terbinafine or fluconazole.

Since writing this I have reason to alter/expand on my thoughts. What I believe now is an extension of the idea that the coconut/coconut oil is a delivery vehicle and is that the coconut/coconut oil additionally acts, and as a major element of its usefulness, as a dissolvent of fat within the body.   

What I think is going on. I think that the bodies immune system, additional to antibodies and the like, uses fat as a physical and localised isolating barrier/line of defence against an infection. I base my thoughts on my principal problem solving tool ‘find the path of least resistance’ i.e. if the body cannot destroy a foreign body by reacting to it it must find the easiest and most economical method to isolate it and cut it off from the waterborne nutrients and sugars within the body and where an easily available substance to do this from within the body is fat. (fat being impervious to air and water). 

So, for example, there is an infection within the body that is maybe active or not and isolated/neutralised to a lesser or greater degree by a very localised build up of fat and where by introducing, in tandem, coconut oil and an anti infection agent (turmeric or similar) then the, quite fluid, coconut oil has the effect of dissolving more solid fats that isolate an infection and open up the physical pathways to enable the anti-infection agents to function on and disrupt or destroy the infection.

With this in mind, one could understand that by adding a strong emulsifier/solvent (a substance that joins/mixes water with fat/oil molecules) to the body it can be argued that the immune system is being compromised.

So, in my simplistic and practical view, that by adding dairy fat to my diet after my rather experimental self treatment I was putting back into my body the materials that the immune system needed to resume its full function.  

It seemed particularly dairy fat (butter) that worked well as I wasn’t short on other fats in my diet.

Throughout all my self treatment, whilst I was able to get rid of the bad problem with my back and spine, I had terrible pains in my hip area and foot which seemed to go away but returned quite often and very painfully. I eventually found a way to fully relieve the pains which was/is the easiest and with seemingly no down side. The method is a bit unorthodox  but works for me, which maters more than convention. The method being,  I apply a small amount (approximately 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon, sometimes more) of my homemade coconut and oregano oil mix to my feet (particularly the soles and between toes) at bed time and in the mornings. It wasn’t an instant fix and it was perhaps a few days till the pains subsided but it seems to be a lasting remedy. I had to have a few goes over several weeks to get things completely right and continue to use the technique on an as and when basis.

In hindsight, I really wish I’d tried it earlier as it seems to work all over the body and with less grumblings from the internal organs.

Likewise, the same technique seemed to work well on a tennis elbow problem when applied to the hand.

In retrospect, and with what I understand about the causes of pain about the body, I think that tennis elbow is caused by the breaking of small encapsulated infections in the outer forearm area by excessive force and shock to the muscles, like one would experience playing tennis or using a hammer to drive a nail.

A key element to defeating this terrible illness and localised joint pain seems to be where about the body that the treatment is introduced/absorbed. 

I won’t be able to fully test my theory now, but perhaps the most efficient and least aggressive treatment for various pains about the body is by an application of coconut oil and active agent to the hands and feet.

Other amendments/updates

Raisins weren’t quite as ok as I thought.  Tolerable, but not so good.

Glycerol in food seems to have had a negative effect on my health. Particularly in biscuits and cake.

It’s probably ok at a recommended daily amount, but, that’s just a recommended amount. 

Also, Fructose doesn’t seem too good.

Standard sugar seems fine now, and necessary in moderate amounts.

Carbonated spring water is very very helpful. Perhaps a litre a day. Water with bicarbonate.

I don’t think it’s necessary to have a cover on a bed mattress all the time. Maybe just when you’re not sure about where you’re sleeping. Back pack holidaysLiterally, etc.

Keep cool. Literally…..  I found that excessive temperature caused major problems. This was particularly a problem when sleeping and getting too hot or sitting near a fire or heater in the winter. 

A bit contradictory, but I found that in winter I experienced circulation problems in my hands and feet after taking coconut oil. I suspected that the lower temperature of the extremities causes the coconut oil to solidify in and block the blood vessels.  Just something I became aware of. A hot shower seems to sort this problem out.

• Posted

As a last update. I was asked about any side effects from the final version of the treatment that I devised, 

The only noticeable side effect was that what I believe were chicken pox marks/spots reappeared and slowly disappeared. I think that the treatment cleared the chicken pox virus from my skin, which had remained dormant since age 5 - 6. I understand that chicken pox remains with you in a dormant form for life after contracting the illness. I believe that the treatment not only eradicates mycoses (fungal/yeast) infections but also viral infections and my health has been generally good with no reoccurrence of the infection that debilitated me.

The only down side to writing this blog was the negative, life threatening and abusive treatment that I received from parts of the medical and pharmaceutical industry. 

I conclude that the treatment that I devised and invented is perhaps a little too successful and now free to use and unpatentable.

• Posted

As a final note, i’d like to say, and am happy to say, that all my experiments worked and paid off with my complete recovery and on going good health. It’s been about eleven years since i started this blog and about five years since my last post and i’ve had plenty of time to review my experiments and inventions and would like to give a round up and full and clear description of the most successful discovery and invention. Namely, organic wild oregano oil and coconut oil and the application to the soles of the feet and general foot area and hands. Application is predominantly to the soles of the feet and that is the crucial element. The soles of the feet readily absorb aromatics and oils. Applied morning and evening seems to be ample and the effect is fast and effective. More effective than tumeric combinations and flouconazole, and it’s a permanent solution. It seems a permanent solution to all fungal ailments - athletes foot, fungal toe nails, thrush, infected joints, mycotic arthritis, tumours in the skin and body, the whole works. It even works against viruses, i believe. The specialists will have to double check that.

Making instructions

1 bottle of Organic wild oregano oil

1 large jar coconut oil

1 clean jam jar

Warm coconut oil to a fluid and using a spoon, measure 7 1/2 coconut oil to one oregano oil.

1/2 a jar should be a good quantity.

Apply about 2 to 3 pea size amounts to each sole of the feet and rub in to the feet, nails and ankles and the hands.

Allow to soak in before dressing. 10 mins.

Repeat morning and evening.

—————————

It took me a few years of experimentation to discover this remedy, it was great for me and I hope others find it helpful to.

Also, There has been some editing of changing of the blog by Patient .info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.