Mystery Symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hope someone here possibly recognizes what might be going on with me. I'm usually a pretty healthy person, with no real medical issues. Anyway, about 2 months ago I developed shortness of breath, basically felt like my chest just closed up and I couldn't take a deep breath. At first I thought it was just anxiety but it just didnt let up. I had no other symptoms at all. Eventually got to the doctor who sent me for x Ray's and a covid test which all came back normal. She checked my vitals and oxygen levels... all good, so she sent me home with antibiotics, corticosteriods and nebuliser treatments which gave a little relief not not much. Breathing got a little better, then worse again. I went to a second doctor who checked all my vitals, all still good. She sent me for blood tests, including thyroid, iron levels, pulmonary embolism, infection and something to do with my heart, again all normal except for a slightly elevated ESR of 35, apparently normal is 30, this means that there is non infectious inflammation, but doesnt show where or what. She sent me on my way with more corticosteriods and an inhaler. So I got online and did my own research and found shortness of breath can also be attributed to acid reflux. I went back to my doctor who agreed it was a possibility. She then prescribed Nexmezol 40 (Nexium). My breathing seems to be getting better, however I have now developed stomach cramps and bloating, which I'm thinking is just side effects of the medication. What worries me is that I've had absolutely no other symptoms besides the shortness of breath. Does it seem likely that its acid reflux?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Quick update. I cut down on the Nexium, started taking half a tab once a day and after 2 weeks stopped them completely. I also started taking probiotics every day and drink fresh ginger tea once a day. I think a lot of my issues were actually from the Nexium and am feeling tons better. I'm not completely there yet, but compared to a month ago, its worlds apart. I'm a big believer in western medicine, but sometimes natural works. Also thinking about visiting an acupuncturist after doing some research, dont know if it will help, but worth a shot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.