Nalmefene for ever???

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been taking Nalmefene since September 2017 and it has really helped me reduce my drinking from 2 bottles of strong red wine a night to about 1 bottle a week. The breakthrough came in January and I seemed to only be drinking once a week. I am now on holiday and in a different environment with different triggers and habits. I have been drinking most nights but not too excess. Last night I didn't intend to drink but over dinner at 8 30pm I decided to have a small glass of red wine .... give me in Thailand the quantities are small and expensive. 125ml glass. Has another 3 and stopped without a problem. This is the first time since starting with Nalmefene I have drank without it.

How long do I have to keep taking Nalmefene for? I have about 30 tablets left so they should last me about another 5 or 6 months if I go back to drinking once a week. My alcohol counsellor said I would be fine without it. Is that the idea?? Or should I have to take it for life?

I am very happy....well totally amazed at how it has transformed my drinking. I thought I was beyond help!

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The C Three Foundation has a link to an on-line pharmacy and they require no prescription. I guess in some countries it's not needed. Good to know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.