Nalmephene usage

Posted , 10 users are following.

I took my first nalmephene tablet on Thursday.

it suggested taking the tablet 2 hours prior to expecting a drink.

so I took the tablet with a 1 and an half hour car journey ahead of me.

there was nothing listed about driving, being a problem.

1 hour later still half an hour to do in the car, I was in a state, I simply couldn't focus properly.

made it home, in a state of confusion, was irritable with everyone around me, every noise was irritating me and whilst I had dinner, it was horrible.

couldnt concentrate on the TV, so at 8.30 pm went to bed feeling tired.

i think I got 1 hours sleep during the entire night, I felt sweaty and confused throughout the night.

next morning I still couldn't concentrate, I worked on my computer and appeared to make many errors.

at around 2 pm, I started feeling better.

we normally go out Friday evenings, I did not have the need to do so and didn't drink, my wife who is not taking the drug was climbing the walls, but didn't drink, where I managed fine.

however, I have not had another dose as it frightened me how bad the side effects are.

can anyone offer some up to date advice as all the threads appear a little old

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I started taking Selincro last Friday night - today is Monday lunchtime and I feel so dreadul - have not slept properly, exhausted, flu like and basically feel like I have been run over by a bus.  I do not feel capable of driving or anything!!  At the moment I am in 2 minds as to which way to go - carry on in the hope that the side effects will lessen or give up for the time being and start again when I can spare a week to do nothing.  I feel that I need to curl up and watch movies or sleep.  Not enjoying the wine - frankly I hardly have the strength to lift the glass - how long will these awful symptons last?????
  • Posted

I started taking Selincro on Friday - since then I have become complelely non-functioning.  I am exhausted with hardly any sleep since last Thursday.  I am not fit to drive, cannot concentrate etc etc.  I did not expect it to be so awful!!  I cannot face another awful night so this evening I am going to drink my wine and not take tablet.  PS - I have drunk less that I would when taking the tablets but mostly because I did not have the strength to put the wine glass to my mouth.  Is that how it works.  I started on Friday eve thinking that by today - Monday that I would be over the worst - how long do these awful symptons last?
    • Posted

Hi Fatima

totally agree with everything you say, but read the replies from the discussion above and chat with joannac 

she is very knowledgable on the subject.

im on my third tablet and ive been groggy all day, but just about coped with a days work.

stick with it, i am assured it gets better, then we can see if the tablets really help or not, if we dont do this we will always be wondering what if?

• Posted

Hi Heghog

Yes I get with the "stick with it" - I am not dismissing it - my problem apart from the tablets,  may have been mostly lack of sleep - virtually none since last Thursday.  I have some very important things to do later this week and cannot afford to be fogged out!  I probably underestimated the side effects/impact it would have on me - I am sure they will work but maybe I chose the wrong week - I will watch your progress - good luck - I hope to check back in when the time is right for me!! I maybe need to set aside a week - have food prepared in advance plus shopping etc as I have been incapable of driving since last Friday!!  Good Luck!

• Posted

I dont think i could go through that first day again

But good luck with whatever you choose

• Posted

How are you coping now - have the side effects improved?  I did not have a tablet last night - had some wine - slept better - still felt fogged out this morning but slowly getting back to normal!  I shall continue to watch other peoples progress still 

• Posted

Im glad you have stuck with it.

my side affects are much improved, still a bit groggy, its sleep I struggle with, thats difficult for me.

Im going out for a beer tonight so will take the pill 2 hours prior and see how it goes.

I have spoken with JoannaC today, she as been very knowledgable and offered great insight in to the drug and the many problems that we all face.

its great to know that people are out here to support each other as we go along on this journey.

hope things continue to get better.

• Posted

I took my fourth tablet yesterday.

the side affects are no way near as bad now as the first day, fingers crossed it will only get better.

went out last night for my first drink whilst taking the tablets.

i thought it was a pleasant experience.

had 2 pints, but only drank 1 and an half, because the wife and son got fed up of waiting for me to finish the second pint and finished it for me.

i was happy to drink it, just didn't seam to rush it down.

had half a bottle of white wine at home.

no desire or need to drink anything further.

fingers crossed that the medication can now work without me feeling crap.

had a great nights sleep as we'll,

put that down to the beer.

• Posted

You will find that as you continue you probably won't want that half bottle of wine when you return home. Maybe a glass will do , or indeed a cup of tea smile

With regard the sleep I am sleeping much better than I ever did when I was drinking so much. At first i had problems getting to sleep but then had a full night without interuption. Now after three months or so on the tablet I seem to fall off to sleep without any problems. Infact I seem to be sleeping more these days. I am retired so don't have to set my alarm, maybe I will have to just to get me going wink

• Posted

glad I stuck with the nalmephene

ive taken 6 tablets so far.

i don't seam to be getting any hard side effects anymore.

still a weird need to stretch a lot.

as for the drinking, the tablets have definitely given me some control back.

went out last night had 2 and an half pints and was content with that.

in the past I would have had half a bottle of wine as well and sometimes more.

if it continues like this, I will achieve my aim,, dependent on long term support though.

fingers crossed

• Posted

So happy for you, H.

Weill done for having the strength and courage to continue with the tablets.  Won't be long before you are telling people it's worth going through that horribleness in the beginning!

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.