Natural Help for Silent Acid Reflux Coughing

Posted , 4 users are following.

The symptom I get is coughing, coughing over and over all night sometimes where you cannot lay down or get to sleep or do anything. But if I take any of the medications - which are all basically the same thing with same side effects - the side effects are far worse! Pains in head, ears, forehead, face, lower back, all over body, easily tired, blocked ear etc.

I have tried bicarbonate of soda and this helps but eventually after a month or so it cannot hold the coughing at bay anymore.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I bought some ph strips online and tested as much food as possible. I eat food with ph 6 and above with small amounts of ph 5. This seems have helped quite a bit. I also stopped wearing trousers and now wear a skirt all the time (a man could wear braces).

I want to raise the top of the bed but haven't wored out how yet. Sleeping on left hand side helps.

• Posted

Thankyou for reply some good tips, I have put a thick piece of foam under the head of my mattress easier than lifting the bed,x
    • Posted

I dont want to faff about with my diet and when I have watched what I eat it has made no difference. It is hard to faff about with diet anyhway when yo are living with dsomeone and you like your food. Too muchof a sacrifice if not necessary. The bicarbonate of soda works for me so long as I take it every six hours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.