Natural remedies for hot flushes

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone taken any natural remedies to help with hot flushes. These are taking over my life!! My doctor doesn't seem keen on giving me hrt do hoping some one can recommend an alternative option

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I read today that flaxseed are good for hot flashes. I am.not sure if that's true. But it is healthy and no harm trying I guess.. all the best.

• Posted

Hello there . When they talk about hot flushes you think they only last a brief moment , but sometimes I walk around and feel like I'm literally melting for hours on end then a bit later I will feel cold . Is this normal?

• Posted

I suffer from many symptoms but don't have much hot flashes. I only have some night sweats and also have my face hot and burning time to time. I am also very sensitive to heat/hot weather! I cannot cope. I get mad when it is hot. So I am not sure what the answer is but from what I hear and read it seems pretty normal. I hope it eases off soon

• Posted

Yes, it's normal. Basically, your body's thermostat is trying to regulate the temperature in your body. When it's too hot it'll send the signal to cool down, when it's too cold it'll send the signal to raise the temperature. The best thing to do is to find the hottest spots on your body and put cool ice packs within a few weeks your body will start to balance itself out. But avoiding caffeine is key to staying your temperature from fluctuating. Or you can always try any of the things I wrote to Reb. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Where's the edit button???? I meant to say..keeping not staying

• Posted

hi

yes i go from red hot to needing to put a fleece on!  I believe it is normal

frustrating but normal im afraid

• Posted

I use menopace.. and red clover.. totally got rid of the hot flushes after about a week. Its also a great multi vitamin and mineral so you get the best of both worlds. Had really good feedback online so i gave it a go as was very sceptical .. worked great smile
    • Posted

Ive never heard of red clover so thats one to look out for and try

thank you!!

• Posted

Hi, I took flaxseed oil, it worked for me. I also took Sage while it worked it made me sick, then I tried Maca, also worked. Apple cider vinegar also worked. Putting ice packs on the hottest spots of my body worked but once I took St. John's Wort it all went away until I started drinking caffeine again.

• Posted

Hey Sochima

BECAREFUL! St John's Wort can cause vision loss. It can cause "Cataracts" which is left untreated cause blindness. Apart from alot of brands scamming people when their products contain fake ingredients. sad Be safe. It's always important to research first before taking something. Just because something is natural does not mean it can't harm you. Best of Luck.👍

• Posted

Thanks Ashley! I didn't really didn't take much. Not even a whole bottle. I remember taking at most maybe 10. It worked pretty fast on me, I got an organic one from my health food store. The capsule was all herbs. It worked so well that I was able to go back to work. Fortunately for me, my eyesight has gotten better! My myopia went down a whole point. As for cataracts, I am concerned because it does run in my family, but I'm hoping it will skip me. Thanks again.

• Posted

thanks for your reply, what is maca?? I have not heard of that!

I have seen the comment regarding st johns wort and guess that you do have to be careful in respect of what suits one may not suit another, trial and error I guess.

• Posted

Maca's an herb that's used for perking up your libido. But in women going through perimenopause/menopause it stabilizes the temperature and helps regulate hormones in the body. 

As for St. John's wort, I didn't have to take very many in order to feel good, and it felt great that I was able to go back to work. Like I I said my eye sight has gotten better. But if I get cataracts, then I'll just get them operated.

• Posted

ahh right, id never heard of it! I think might have a little look on the internet now.  thanks thats been very helpful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.