Natural remedies for hot flushes

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone taken any natural remedies to help with hot flushes. These are taking over my life!! My doctor doesn't seem keen on giving me hrt do hoping some one can recommend an alternative option

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I am drinking sage leaves tea every day . I read somewhere that it helps. Also soy beans tofu and soy beans in general may help some . Long walks and exercise. Drinking cold water and ice helps too. I also go to acupuncture and it helps a little bit .

I hope that it helps . Take care .

• Posted

Anything with soy is a hormone disruptor. It also causes thyroid dysfunction. Keep away from soy, especially that it's all GMO.

• Posted

Hi, do you have se fresh sage leaves? How do you make sage tea please? Thank you
    • Posted

Ive only ever had sage on my roast dinners lol!  cant imagine how it tastes as a tea.... but useful to know

thank you

• Posted

I get fresh ones in the grocery store wash them and dry them . Then I put just a fair amount in the tea pot and pour hot water and let it stand for about 15 min . It doesn't taste great but you can search on the internet and there was a research done and it looks like it makes symptoms easier after about 4 weeks . Also read in Pubmed that calcium at daily basis releaves symptoms. Unfortunately there is limited research done on menopause . I have severe different symptoms such as burnings all over my skin and tingling and anxiety . Probably all 66 symptoms that were described in one of the forums . Went through numerous tests MRI etc . Everything looks normal . I take vitamins calcium vitamin D vitamin b6 complex and Alfa Lipoleic acid , sage , exercise, sometimes acupuncture, massage and really walk a lot . I sleep with ice packs . I also eat tofu but as you could see there are different opinions regarding this matter . Again unfortunately there is not enough scientific data on menopause issue. I also read that red clover helps . I hope that I helped some . Good luck with everything ladies . I feel your pain . Best to all of us .

• Posted

It doesn't taste that great 😔. But if it helps I agree to take it . It also good for gums etc . At least that what literature says . My symptoms got a little better but I am doing some other stuff too including exercise. So it is hard to tell . Thank you very much ladies for all your comments and support .

• Posted

My Amazon cart looks like a pharmacy. I just ordered Estrovan, vitamins B6 and D3 to combat the nausea, a very pricey proestrogen cream and evening primrose oil. I have to get this nausea under control!  I started taking the D3 a few days ago and wil start the estrovan today. I want to give everything a few days before I introduce it all so I can hopefully either pinpoint what works or at least know if one of them makes the nausea worse. We'll see. 

• Posted

Hi Noel, don't waste your money on estrovan it doesn't work. I took it for 3 months & gave up. If something doesn't work after 1 month dump it. Good luck.

• Posted

Ugh...well, I already bought it so I will give it a shot anyway. I hate to hear that as I read a lot of reviews and testimonials that it was the best on the market. Damn. As long as it doesn't make me feel worse, I will give it at least a month. Thanks for the input. 

• Posted

Yes, I read the same thing. Everyone's different, so just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.