Nausea caused by hormones or anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Anyone know what causes the intermittent nausea with perimenopause?  Not sure if hormones, anxiety or digestive issues.  Ginger capsules seem to help. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Laura,I have no idea what causes any symptoms anymore,my doctor insists I'm not perimenapausel,and that is not what is causing my anxiety,but I ve just turned 46 my periods can either be late or early I never which way it's going to be,I ve just started 11 days late and ifeel terrible,anxiety is through the roof,I always feel sick and never seem to enjoy food anymore,I ve got thick heavy head, and I just feel like rubbish,the months are just rolling into one big mess,I m trying to ignore it all and smile.where do you get your ginger capsules from? 

Ps,sorry for moaning,I just needed to say it out loud,I guess that's the hormones lol,😘xx

• Posted

Heyhey Fudgeybear, get a new doctor! Of course you are in perimenopause. Get a reference to a gynaecologist from your new doctor. There are lots of solutions, and doctors make LOTS of mistakes. I use progesterone cream for pms anxiety, there is this thing called a Mirena coil you can try. 

I am sorry to sound aggressive, my doctor has recently screwed me but good, so I am have been angry recently. But realistically, I have found solutions for my perimenopause problems, and I really hope you can too. Feel better, hon.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer,thank you for the advice,she is a nice doctor and not much younger than me  so I thought she would have been a bit more clued up,did the GP give you the cream? I know what you re saying about doctors I ve been screwed over by a couple if doctors myself lol,thank you for sharing,there may be an end to this nightmare.i hope you re feeling well xx
    • Posted

Hi Fudgeybear, 

I prescribed the progesterone cream for myself! I live in Japan, and they don't prescribe it, but the doctors here are particularly on the cracked side. They have a very odd medical training system. And only children of doctors become doctors (and the poor things basically have to, from family pressure). 

You can ask your GP about the progesterone cream, but one will tell you one thing and another will tell you another thing. And the information on the Internet tends to be biased because it's a big sales item, progesterone.

The actual information about HRTs and progesterone cream comes from three studies, as far as I can see. An American study showed an increase in cancer rates. A Danish study showed a decrease in cancer rates. And a Canadian study showed no increase in cancer rates for progesterone supplementation (without estrogen). 

So it is really up in the air. 

It helps me a lot. I have a lot of symptoms of estrogen dominance. So it is particularly clear in my case.

Thanks for the good wishes, and right back at you.

• Posted

I get the ginger capsules from GoVita (not sure if GoVita is in the UK).  It is a health food shop.  You should be able to get them from most health food shops or online. I can't enjoy food anymore either because I can't eat much.  I am trialling gluten free in the hope it will help.  No need to apologise for 'moaning'.  It is totally understandable.  We're all suffering and it helps to discuss it.  That's what these forums are for - support.  I  hope these symptoms won't last post menopause
    • Posted

Thank you,Laura and Jennifer,for your advice I m going to look on the internet now !!! It's such a relief to know I m not going mad.i hope you re both having a good day xxx
    • Posted

No worries Fudgybear. You're not going mad. I can relate to the spontaneous chatter and singing at moments of extreme anxiety

The ginger capsules should help. I am also going to try Thompson Mood Balancer (or Management?) All the best x

• Posted

Hi Laura

I suffer with all the same symptoms as you.. the anxiety i think is the worst... Its not something that i have ever suffered with until the menopause....

The digestive issues have got worse too,, i have gaviscon with me all the time !

I have had to stop eating chocolate and i cannot drink my lovely red wine at all anymore......

I have had to fess up to people about my anxiety - and they have all been very supportive and allow me to do what i need to do to ease it... driving is a big one, i cannot be in the passenger seat or i am a mess......

I hope you can make some changes that ease your symptoms x

• Posted

Hi Leah,you have just described everything I m going through I can t even drink juice at the momment my acid gets so bad,i don't drive,but I m also a mess if I m in a car,if the traffic stops for a red light,I just want to get out of car I panic so much.Does anyone know if it will all stop once we get to full on Menapause? Xx
    • Posted

God you poor thing... at least when i drive i feel in control and the fear abates... couldnt be a passenger.... and god help me if my husband and i go out for lunch or something without the kids... i keep feeling that we will be in an accident and they will be left behind.... ! its freaking awful isnt it....

You could try getting a tablet off your doctor for the digestive issue,,,, i did in the end and took it for about 6 months and now it only plays up a little bit - but deffo no more wine ... sad face.....

The stomach is worse some days but then i pop my pills for a few days and it helps.....

• Posted

Thanks lea,you did make giggle when you said about the thoughts you have in the car,I m the same,I have no idea why the world would end just because we ve stopped at a red traffic light lol.its like I m going to explode with fear !! I m trying a beat blocker to see if it can calm me down a bit,I have tablets for  my acid reflux from the doctors.Thanks for cheering me up,it's not funny when we re in the momment,but we ve got to laugh about it or we d go mad xx
    • Posted

I try to talk myself down.... which looks a bit mad when you look at me sitting at traffic lights... or if someone catches me then i start singing what i am saying to look like im singing along with the radio... which obviously makes me look a lot less mental !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Hahaha Lea

I thought I was the only one that did that.  I look towards my mobile phone  (hands free of course) so they will think I'm talking on my phone through bluetooth :-)

• Posted

I thought I was the only one who thought like this (going out without the children that is).  Am not as worried now that they're not too far from turning 18.  Anxiety has always been debilitating for me but through the roof now.  The bloating heightens my amxiety.  Would you mind letting me know wht medication you take to ease your digestive issue?
    • Posted

I like your style lea 😊 I thought it was only one who talked to myself or starts singing just to get through a mad momment !!! Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.