Nausea caused by hormones or anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Anyone know what causes the intermittent nausea with perimenopause?  Not sure if hormones, anxiety or digestive issues.  Ginger capsules seem to help. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have no idea. I am post menopausal and still have digestive problems I also have a lot of anxieties in me all my life and that can contribute to a lot of issues with the body
    • Posted

That's no good.  I was hoping the digestive issues would ease post menopause.  Have you been tested for H. Pylori or parasites?
  • Posted

Hi laura, I wake up with nausea every morning (like being pregnant) I take anti nausea tablets and it goes. I will get nauseous every now and then at other times as well. I am certain my hormones cause digestive problems (I am in perimenopause).
    • Posted

Thanks Ruth.  Feeling pregnant is a good description of how perimenopause makes me feel.  I feel sick in the mornings but not so bloated.  Then I eat and blow up. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.