nausea for 2 years.....

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have had nausea for 2 years now and I have had tests, upper GI's and blood work done. everything was fine. I dont know what I am supose to do anymore. I cant eat, im not losing weight, I feel like crap everyday and I have no clue why. please help. 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Emma

You don't mention how old you are. Do you get the nausea constantly or intermittently? Try keeping a diary and see when after eating or drinking you get the nausea and takeit from there....

• Posted

Hi i am 27. I have low tolerents to pain med so it like i took a vicodin and its not going way. I had surgery and thats when it started

• Posted

You need to see what you arr eating as this may be the reason. Certain foods may cause this even though you may may think not your body is telling you something else. Try a food diary to start out and you may really discover whats really going on.
  • Posted

Hi Emma, sorry to here you are suffering as i am. I would get a second opinion first . Then if they say the same ,,I would go to the top and repot it as they get away with far to much.I know how you feel as you are saying what i do. I joined this in the hope that a doctor will see it and do a revission which should of been done in2005 but they for got me.So if you know ofany doctors that do this let me know.These people try to play god with our lives and it has to stop.
  • Posted

I suffer from nausea sometimes and have done for a while. It might be worthwhile getting from a chemist a tablet  called "Motillium instants".  They help me. Also if I am stressed, this seems to bring on nausea   .
    • Posted

Ty I will def try that. I am really willing to try anything really that will help me out.
  • Posted

Hi Emma,

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I had years of feeling sick after eating, sometimes even a few mouthfuls would feel like I had overindulged on a big Christmas dinner. The doctors almost had me convinced it was all in my head after every test was negative. I insisted on having a gastric emptying scan after doing some research. The results were positive for idiopathic gasstroparesis. As you have been poorly for 2 years I would keep pushing for some answers.

• Posted

Hi Emma

I had that surgery on both hands..but I was fine after it.  I doubt your surgery has anything to do with your present health issue. Just continue doing the food diary and see what emerges from that.. Best wishes...

• Posted

Emma, be an advocate for yourself. Don't take no for an answer with doctors. I would ask for an upper endoscapy. And get the doctors to put you on an anti-nausea drug, like Zofran.
    • Posted

I had 3 of them this year and I am on a pill called Prometazine. it helps a little bit but doesnt want to help all the way. I am thinking about seeing a new dr about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.