Nausea for three months

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had constant nausea for three months I have had blood tests and been seen by surgeons though told it is just anxeuty. Can anxiety make you constantly sick? I have been prescribed anti depressant which I have been taking for the same time and wonder if this could be the cause. Please help I'm even having suicidal thoughts as at my wits end

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Astra the mind is a very powerful thing I have been looking at relaxation techniques ( meditation etc and may go for some therapy I won't be convinced until I have had the tests endoscopy etc but I can accept that I get very anxious about everything Issy 
    • Posted

Thank you all for your replies, I am going to try changing medication and see if it helps. It's very difficult not getting any answers x
  • Posted

hi, sorry your feelilng so bad, and understand, l,d had constant nausea for months, daily from waking to bedtyime, off my food with it, lost weight, debilitated, tired, and miserable, l,d been prescribed anti nausea stuff from gps, before that chemist bought stuff, nothing helped much, finally saw gastroenterolgist who did a scope and saw some inflammation, so prescribed omprazole, ater 2-3 wks on it no better, decided to give it a break, as with other prescribed meds, including prozac and anti bs, l did tell gastro about that, and he was ok with it, and my nausea did settle 90percent, doesnt for everyone doing that, but l thought my system needed a break from lots of prescribed meds over a long time. l guess anxiety depression can cause nausea and lots of physical symptoms, but it can also be a get out easy fall back for gps to use, it took me years to get diagnoses for intersticial cystitus, as like many health probs its not always easy or obvious with blood tests, xrays scans, took a scope to diagnose it but it had been put down to phycalogical for years, others have had symptoms put down to it being phycalogical due to not getting the right test. A scope by gastroenterologist can diagnose stomach probs, but there can be other reasons and tests, or it could be a food or meds reaction, for some gluten or lactose intollerance, But if meds have a word with gp about reducing dose or weaning off and see if it helps. Check out gastritus thread for advice and info on food intollerances, l know its a lousy feeling when it goes on and on, and can get you down, tell your gp how bad you feel preferably with support from someone, just hang in there till you get a solution, best wishes.
  • Posted

Anxiety does weird things. My GP tells me the same, and wants to put me on meds. I will try to deal with it through meditation and relaxation. All these meds have horrible side effects. Hang in there and try to relax. 
  • Posted

It could be from medication you are taking, excess or lack of vitamins and minerals in your body. Also check if you have more changes in your body and different pains just in case, and hopefully not, that you have a serious sickness.

Anxiety definitely makes you sick. In my case has helped to change the situation that was creating my anxiety, I changed to a different department which allows me to sleep a bit longer, as I was sleeping 4 hours for two years and made me quite sick. My better advise, observe the changes on your body and always talk to the doctor and if necessary ask a deep check on your body.

Good luck!

• Posted

Astra ,some antidepressants can cause suicidal thoughts , what kind are you on ? I know what you mean though because I have been thinking that way . We will all find a way through this Astra xxissy 
  • Posted

If you want tablets that will stop you feeling sick and give you no side effects go and try travelling sickness tablets, there's no side effects at all and they really work, the ones I've got are called "surgeon 15" you suck
    • Posted

Thank you Liam I've tried every anti sickness I can and none have worked sadly some clash with my meds
  • Posted

If you want tablets that will stop you feeling sick and give you no side effects go and try travelling sickness tablets, there's no side effects at all and they really work, the ones I've got are called "surgeon 15" you just put it on your tongue and it will dissolve so you don't even have to swallow anything. Taste sweet toosmile
  • Posted

Hola Astra. I can DEFINITELY identify with what you are experiencing. It was sooooo bad that I went out and purchased a cemetery plot... Even pain medication no help me. I started using 100%; pure Aloe juice about 16 years ago and it did wonders. I drank 1/2 cup three times per day and noticed a change in little over a week. I stayed well for over a year without it and did not think about it until reading another post. To answer question about stress... Stress can do terrible things to the stomach and the severe stomach pain can make a person have all types of negative thoughts... I read, within the past week, that extremely severe stress can even cause brain parenchymal volume loss which is basically a loss of brain matter. I hope you consider using trying aloe juice. It es a simple possible solution but, worth trying. I pray that you feel better and please do not give up hope.
    • Posted

Thank you Tia I will have a look for some
    • Posted

You are very welcome. I pray that this will give you relief... I TRULY can identify...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.