Nausea only every single day. Is it my gallbladder!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've always had IBS for around 14 years. Off and on nausea through those years. This time I'm going on month 4 with nausea. I can't stand it anymore and am losing my marbles. I've had an ultrasound, CT scan of abdomen and pelvis, gastric emptying test, and an endoscope I also had a HIDA scan that was 21%. The HIDA scan was the only test where there was something wrong. My family doc sent me to a surgeon and he says I need my gallbladder removed. Is this gonna get rid of my nausea?

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Cathy, thinking of you!!! Best of luck tomorrow and let us know how you are!! Wanted to let you know your in my thoughts and prayers!!!
    • Posted

Thank you, Heather. You are so sweet to think of me. I'm very scared for tomorrow. I am scattering around the house getting things done. Almost like I'm preparing to never come back. I have a lot of anxiety energy. Sitting down now binge watching Orange is the New Black. It has really helped me get my mind off of things. I'm not gonna google gallbladder anymore. I will let you know how it goes. You're next! Xoxo

• Posted

I was up until 3 am cleaning and preping for my 730 am surgery! Stop googling! Most people only post when things go wrong! Be positive! It will be so much better after! Good luck tomorrow!
    • Posted

Thank you, Amanda! I may stay up all night! Peeking at my phone to see your and Heathers comments. Thanks so much for the support. Where you in the hospital long? They told me I'd be there around 5 hours. Oh, lord!!!!! Hope you are feeling better! Ttyl

• Posted

I feel so much better and had my checkup with the surgeon and all looks good! I was in and out in 4 hours. I was told to arrive at 6am for my 730 operation. Got there at 6, checked in and did paperwork, about 20-30 minutes after arriving I was already in the back getting changed and my IV set up. Then they let my boyfriend come back while we waited. Talked to the anesthesiologist. My surgeon showed up 15 minutes after my surgery was suppose to start so there was some delay. Talked to the surgeon and then they sent my boyfriend back to waiting when they took me to the OR. Woke up in the OR and they rolled me to recovery. My boyfriend came back, I got dressed, and they rolled me out. I probably stayed 15 minutes after waking up in the OR. I was out the door by 10am. Then slept all day long at home.
    • Posted

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Kindof wish I was in your shoes right now. My arrival time is 9:45 am. Wish it was earlier to be honest. I feel more comfortable reading about your morning of surgery. Thank you. I will keep in touch! Be good to yourself. You deserve it! 💜💜💜💜💜💜

• Posted

You'll be so much happier in a few days! Good luck tomorrow!

• Posted

Cathy,

I hope your surgery went well and you got lots of rest yesterday. Today will probably be the worst day with the pain from the CO2 trapped in there. Don't forget to move around. Try to tilt just slightly side to side and lift your legs. Tomorrow with be a turn in your recovery and you'll be so much better, at least I was! Day 2 was the worst for me though! Hang in there and keep us updated.

• Posted

Amanda, thanks for the note. You're right today is worse than yesterday. Yesterday when they were moving me from the OR to a little room to recover, I experienced the worse pain ever. It's almost like they woke me up in the OR and didn't give me pain meds until I was in the other room. I was moaning in so much pain. The nurse couldn't give me enough pain meds in my IV. Then an hour after that I had the worse nausea ever. She gave me a patch to wear on my neck for nausea and a ton of nausea meds in my IV. That didn't go away until four hours after I got home. So my car ride home was disgusting. Good thing it was only 20 minutes away. So today my cuts hurt really bad. To get up from a chair is very hard. Hard to roll out of bed also. I'm usually not a back sleeper. So that was a bummer. I haven't taken any pain meds cause I'm afraid I will get that severe nausea. The surgeon said my gallbladder was diseased and covered in fat. Never heard of that. How would there be fat on it? He said I should feel a lot better. So I'm just waiting. How long does it take for those cuts to feel better. Feels like I did 2,000 sit ups. I plan on sleeping lots today. Feels good to lay flat. The pain almost goes away. Hope you feeling 100% better. Maybe I'm right behind you. 💜

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear about the pain and nausea. I too had nausea right after but went away with a magical shot. Remember to keep a pillow with you. If you have to get up by yourself push it into your abdomen. I would advise having your husband help you though. Support your your back and raise you (slowly!) as you pull on his other arm. If you are scared of the nausea from the meds I suggest either taking half (that's what I did) or taking some sleeping medicine so you can just sleep it away. The back sleeping sucks! I actually had single hole surgery through my naval. Yesterday was day 10 and the first time I was able to lay on my side (but only for a short time) and yesterday (day 10) I finally got my normal walk and pace back. My boyfriend helped me a lot by helping me get up so I didn't exert myself! My incision still hurts but only slightly but the muscles around feel 90% better, I can lift my 15 lb dog now. And as far as the fatty gallbladder, I have no answer. I know some people have fatty livers so maybe it's just the same thing. I would follow up with your surgeon when you go for a check up. Just remember, everyday you will feel better and better! I get happier everyday as I'm able to accomplish even the smallest things like getting myself out of bed by myself. Just don't over do it and listen to your body.

• Posted

Hi Amanda! Yes, - a pillow is a great idea. I have four holes poked in my abdomen. One hurts bad when I sit down there's like a roll. He put the hole right there. I have those thin Teri strips. My husband talked to the surgeon so hopefully heard the surgeon right. I just remember the surgeon tapping my shoulder and he said "you really needed this out". Glad you are feeling better. Your so inspirational. I think I'm gonna be happy with my decision to get my gallbladder removed. Anxious to see how I feel next week. I think I'm gonna be good. Thanks for all the tidbits, Amanda! 💜

• Posted

You're welcome! I'm praying you have a fast recovery like me. I'm

still not all the way healed of course, but I'm walking normal and pain is minimal and none of the incision pain will even matter when the nausea is gone and your appetite comes back and everyday the pain decreases and your spirit will increase! Best of luck! Get the gas out asap. That's your turning point! Day 3 should be better! Go take a sleeping pill or melatonin and get some sleep.

• Posted

Thanks Amanda. Right now my stomach feels like a huge basketball. I am getting my appetite back. My anxiety is a lot less cause I don't have nausea. I'm drinking lots of water, which I couldn't do before cause it made me feel sick. I'm so blessed that I got to speak with you about it. Thanks, again! 💜

• Posted

Amanda,

This is day three of after surgery. I woke up with nausea and no appetite again. I didn't sleep well last night and am constipated. The only pain meds that I had were the ones given in my IV on Friday. Is the constipation the reason why I'm nausus. Does it just take a little longer. I'm feeling sad cause I'm afraid my nausea is coming back. I don't want nausea to come back. Help, Amanda! 💜

• Posted

I noticed I'd feel slightly nauseous when I had to poop then after I would feel fine. Have you been taking stool softeners? And try to eat some solids like toast or crackers. Don't let the anxiety hold you back from trying. I think taking vitamins and probiotics also helped a lot like I said. Your gallbladder helps absorption or vitamins so adding them to your life is helpful. Also when you get antibiotics, which they probably gave you, it throws your stomach bacteria off and allows bad to grow. So probiotics help add good bacteria and stabilize everything in there. That may be the reason you're nauseous also.

• Posted

Yes, they did give me antibiotics. Maybe I will do the probiotics then. I don't have stool softners. I though I did and when I looked today it's a laxative. I don't want to take that. Gonna have my husband get them tonight. Thanks, Amanda! 💜

• Posted

You're welcome! I really hope it helps! Also if that air is still stuck in your stomach it probably hurts. I was up until 530 am (night 2) trying to pass all the air out. Take some stool softeners, multi vitamin, and probiotics. They will help balance your stomach and body.

• Posted

Oh geez my stomach is soooo full of air. Maybe cause I'm constipated I can't get it out. Or do you burp it out. Leaving for the store in half hour to do grocery shopping with my husband. Hopefully, getting out will release the air. Lol. I will get stool softners when I'm there also. I still have a 16 year old living at home who requires lots of food. Need to stick up. My daughter is living in Alaska. Sure do wish she were here. Thanks Amanda. 💜

• Posted

I farted mine out. I felt so much better after! The pain from the air stuck I swear was the worst part!
    • Posted

I've only farted once. I know there is about 1,000 farts stuck in me. It's hard to sit down cause my belly doesn't bend like it should. Hope we can keep in touch. You've helped a lot!

• Posted

That's why I laid in bed and tilted side to side just a little until I farted myself better. Lol. It's so hard to move at all when it's in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.