Nausea preceding and accompanying Shingles !

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Shingles mid March this year. I had nausea mid Feb, went to my Doctor who diagnosed me as lactose intolerant. Seven days later i got shingles but the nausea accompanied the shingles and still have it.

Wont bother going into my story, but would really like to know if others have also had nausea?

Now getting quite low.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was just dx'd with shingles last week. Luckily I caught it really early and the rash hasn't been too bad. Mine started with what felt like a weird indigestion flu thing.. then the rash and now at the end of the Valtrex the indigestion seems to be back again. Nothing terrible yet, but it's been concerning, as I too felt like there is something horribly wrong with me. I manage it by drinking aloe and it soothes my stomach. Just hoping and praying I have steady improvement. But like others have said, it's frustrating because it seems that the dr's. don't really understand this, and can't tell you what to expect. So glad I finally found this forum.

• Posted

Sympathy to all who have this terrible condition . To cut a long story short 2-3 weeks before actually getting shingles I did feel nauseous a few times not all the time, but maybe 4 times fleetingly over a 2 week period, which started the alarm bells this was definitely not me Im never ill .

The prescribed tablets 5 a day for 7 days worked like a charm, along with ibuprofen and paracetamol which was my choice of pain killers my bout of shingles were bearable , I had a rash no blisters.the dosage taken was 2 and 2 in the morning and last thing at night and 1 and 1 every 4 hours my shingles were gone in a 10/11 day bit marked on the neck and jaw line which are receding the pain killers really helped ,only hardship was a 4 day growth on my face once the pain calmed down I was fine and able to shave .

The only downside I find is after 22 days I still feel nauseous and the stomach is a bit upset,other than that Im ok .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.