Nauseous and feeling like a lump in my throat?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been suffering with acid reflux for a year and last month I have been diagnosed with a mild hiatus hernia. I am nauseous all the time and feel like something is stuck in my throat all the time.

I used to take nexium and now my doctor ordered me something similar to them (don't know their name). Though I still feel like something is stuck in my throat and its really annoying as well as my nausea, it won't go away with the medication to control the acid refux.

I am thinking about making gluten and lactose intolerance test to see if I also am intolerant to them.

Has anyone had this experience ?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am in this daily hell also. Every single day 24/7 I suffer from nausea and this horrible lump in my throat sensation. I was diagnosed with Gerd 3 years ago and then had the lovely experience of emergency surgery on a perforated ulcer 2 years ago. I've been taling Pantrapazole 40 mg per day but it seems to be doing nothing for the Gerd. I'm just so tired of feeling unwell every day. And this lump is the worst thing. People seem not to believe me when I express how horrible it is. I'm scheduled for another endoscopy in a month . Of course I hope it turns out well but I mostly want this awful lump sensation to go away forever and to not feel nausea 24/7. So yes I can relate to how you're feeling. I hope since you posted that you are feeling better.

• Posted

Do you have any other symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.