Nearly 4 weeks on 10mg and possibly one of the worst days so far

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, just had very tough day, almost like the second or third day on Meds when the side effects were bad. Is it normal after nearly a month to have really low mood and high anxiety and panic rushes?

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes absolutely I have times of doubt daily but after reading this it kind of gives me reassurance. I am definitely not a patient person and it has definitely been very hard for me. I take my meds in the morning and I only take 10 mg but I've only been taking them for going on 3 weeks. I've noticed little changes here and there. Im just ready to feel normal again.
    • Posted

What kind of changes have u noticed danielle im struggling this wk with the...... Im never gonna get better feeling any glimers of hope would help me out
    • Posted

Hi Weenett, how are you getting on? It will be 5 weeks in for me on Thursday and it's still a bit up and down but in saying that I've had a virus over the last couple of days so that doesn't help. I keep reminding myself the medication is not going to take all the feelings away and I still have to work with the anxiety. The low moods are a real hitter though and some days I feel like crying ( wish I could ), but I've also had some pretty ok days and I must remember this on the not so good days. I'm trying not to give myself a hard time or frustrate myself with my thoughts. It's a tough old road but I've been down it enough times. Hope your doing ok.
    • Posted

I wrote u a long reply but because i swore its bein moderated! Im not doing great tbh have had to take 2 mg of diaz the last few mornings coz my anxiety has been crazy bad?! Im beginning to think cit isnt for me its not helping my anxiety at all! Worst bit is i know its the way i view things and if i could just ignore it id b 100 times better! Oh god a virus when ur feeling like this is not cool! Chin up bud!
    • Posted

Hi Weenett, I've had a few rough days too, ( today being another one ) but I am going to give it at least another month on my current dose ( still 10mg) to reflect on how it has been and to see if there has been a gradual improvement. Sometimes I do feel like I am improving, then when the bad day or time arrives if feels like I'm stuck. It took my an awful lot of persuading and soul searching to agree to go on medication so the least I am going to do is give it a proper chance to work. If it doesn't then I would have to look at something else. I was on Paroxetine years ago and the psychiatrist wanted me to go on them but my GP suggested Citalopram as I had really bad wit drawls coming off Paroxetine ( but I did do it cold turkey which is not recommended ). Do you have any self help books or online courses you can do to help? I'm thinking of starting an anxiety help group up in my area as although I am fortunate with the support I have I know only too well how isolating and lonely the experience can make you feel. Keep on keeping on as they say. x
    • Posted

No i dont use anything to help maybe should look into that? Wonder why we r having bad days? Well mine have been bad and today has been the worst for a long time not sure why? I tried sertraline after my daughter was born and was pretty similar to cit with very little withdrawal effects but ive tried 2 ssri's and find they always initially make my anxiety worse im thinking of mitrazapine next. Im a pop a pill n lets get on girl so i have no soul searching to do i just want the normal me back! Do u think ur virus has knocked u off a bit and maybe ur confidence a bit?
    • Posted

Hi Weenett, I don't know if it is the virus but today has been a real struggle, I've been fighting with my head and emotions all day and it came to a head where I could feel the stress in my body building up so I went to get my bike out the garage only to find a puncture!😕 So I did the next best thing and went for a bit of a run as I knew I needed to get some of the tension out of me. I feel low much of the time and the anxiety keeps coming in its waves but I have to hang in there, there really is no other alternative as I believe once the sensitisation has begun for me, it is going to take time and that's the bit I'm not good at. I want to be better now. It's tough sometimes really tough but we have to just take each day as it comes and hope there's some sunshine on the horizon.
    • Posted

Couldnt agree more! There has to b light at the end of the tunnel for us!!
    • Posted

Hey Stephen, I'm sorry to hear you are having a bad day, and a virus on top of it all!  That virus is knocking your bodies defenses down, and making it hard to fight all the other battles going on too!  Don't be discouraged!  Have you been to the doctor for the virus?  If you can get that taken care of, that alone will help with getting everything else in line.  It's all so much worse when you don't feel well.  Maybe you can put on a movie, and just lay on the sofa and relax, maybe even fall asleep for a bit, anything to get your mind on something else. Read?  Will keep you in my prayers! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.