Nearly ready to stop Nalmafene

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, After my downfall last Sat drinking two bottles without taking pill i had my first drink with pill last night, yes it stops me drinking more but I'm fed up with the side affects. It seems as i can go days without drink or pill when i do take it my mood is so low the next day i don't want to do anything makes me feel depressed. Im gong to ask my GP for Naltrexone hopefully she will prescribe to see if it agrees better with me. As i normally train wan to g to sit all day is so not me.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry for the jumbled words, I meant I don't normally sit all day 😔

• Posted

Let me know how you get on if get to start naltrexone? I was so ill on nalmefene I had to give it a miss in end x
  • Posted

Hi fellow triathlete,

I was wondering how you were going. I have not taking Nalmafene. I am on Naltrexone and my training is going well. Hopefully your Dr can prescribe it for you. It works for me, albeit slowly. Some days I still overdo it, but I keep on taking the pill. Not a good idea to stop as then you have no chance. Rather miss a day of training. You know that you are feeling low, because of the pill. It will fade, I am sure. Good luck. Hugs CK

• Posted

Hi, I'm so low today meant to be doing brick session as I've Half Ironman end of the month. I had to go back to bed this morning awful night sleep I still feel the drug. I only had two glasses of wine, this is worse than a hangover well i don't really get them.

• Posted

Dear Cisorium,

I am sure you are perfectly trained. You and I know that some time off does wonders for your performance. You are probably trained through and through. Be kind to yourself. Rest some days. Read... Relax... And spoil yourself. Good luck girl. Hugs

• Posted

Hi Robin, i can't face Nalmafene anymore. Out Sat night with husband and kids took my pill it not only makes me feel strange it makes me feel sick. I didn't enjoy my dinner only had 3 drinks tho. Had to come home go to bed early as i felt awful. All day yesterday feeling hungover but its the pill not booze. I started drinking at 4pm without pill yesterday drunk two bottles of wine back to bed. My daughter was crying to my husband, mummies drunk again. Very sad. I've ordered Naltrextone online i pray i can handle it as im not able to control on my own.

Im heading out with friends 3hr bike 1 hr run now that's scary the drink yesterday wont stop me but if id taken pill i wouldn't be well enough to train.

• Posted

Dear Cisorium,

I really feel for you. Totally understand your situation. You need to be able to train, otherwise you probably get depressed. Well at least the training will get the alcohol out of your system fast. Maybe, you should wait for the Naltrexone to arrive and then make a real start. If the Nalfame makes you feel worse than a hangover, then there is no point really. Yes, it is horrible that our kids have to see us drunk sometimes, but you will get help soon. Trust in that.

Hugs XX

• Posted

Did you manage the bike race and run today? That would have killed me. Not fit like you 😁

• Posted

Hi Sporty, My training went really well today i guess your right... I'll wait on the Naltreone arrives try again. I feel so ashamed when my kids get upset.

• Posted

53 mile bike 8 mile run. It's another drug 😶🙄 I've just poured wine my kids away to stay at nannies hubby off to play cards, let see if i can stop after two glasses 🙁

• Posted

53 miles! Nuts, pure and simple. 8 miles running is scary😣you are amazing!

• Posted

Hi Robin, I'm afraid if been drinking every night again 😕 I rang my GP to ask for Naltrexone as Nalmafene was making me I'll she said she couldn't until I'm seen by addiction clinic. I'm going to ring them tomorrow to go private as I have Bupa. Just makes me cross as I went through weeks doing so well doing TSM to now have to wait to start all over again. I don't remember going to bed the last 3 nights hard for my husband to watch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.