Neck pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI, still waiting for my op and I have been very poorly with bile and pain, but for the last week I've had terrible neck and shoulder pain on the left side of my body. 

I have upper arm pain and shoulder pain on the right side but this new pain opposite is causing me to feel so down, has anyone else had this ? Is it associated with GB or something else wrong ???? 

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yeh I have been getting there shooting pains up my back shoulders and neck the same time I'm having serious tummy pain x
  • Posted

Hi Gilly, Yes I have it right now. I went to the Dr's on Monday and he said it is unrelated to my gallbladder and is muscular.

I have read other people having this same pain on the left who have gallstones so I am not really convinced that it is muscular.

• Posted

hi Anita thanks for that too. This is like a stiff neck but constant and I can move my head easily so don't think its that. It's a constant gnawing pain and it burns. X
    • Posted

Mine is like a dull ache which when I get it can last hours or all day. I can turn my neck and it isn't a stiff neck as the pain is different.

Mine radiates round to near the armpit and around the collarbone area and upto the lower neck. I don't like taking painkillers so put up with it but it is getting me down as well.

• Posted

Yes different pain, mines in neck,  shouler joint and collar bone and jaw line. 

Does get you down when combined with the GB pain and bile in your throat !!! Roll on operation , five weeks to go. Keep smiling if you can. X

• Posted

You have 5 weeks until yours ? I have just under 24 hours I'm nervous and excited . I hope every thing goes ok for yours xx
    • Posted

GOOD LUCK , I hope all goes well for you too and please if you can let me know how you are after. Are you in the UK ?

Lol I can understand how your nervous and excited 😆 xxx

• Posted

Hope everything goes well for you. I go back in May to let him know if I want the op or not. Still trying to make up my mind
    • Posted

What's your concerns ? 30 yrs ago I had these and was diagnosed with gravel size stones I was told then that I had to lose weight for the op and I couldn't so was told I couldn't have the op , those days were different.  

I didn't have the op and over the years they grumbled a bit but nothing major but now I'm paying for it and im almost 60 and wish I had had it done when I was younger. 

• Posted

Go back to your gp see if you can get strong pain relief do you have a fever ? If you do I would go back to hospital . I'm so nervous bout tomorrow but it's the right thing it's some thing I need to do I can't live like this any more and it will become very serious . I really hope your surgery is soon x
    • Posted

Hi April thanks for that I'm on Tramadol but can't take while I'm working as its strong and paracetamol doesn't help. So have to take Tramadol later.  Is it your surgery tomorrow ? If so then I hope all goes well for you and then you will be pain free. This neck pain isn't like a stiff neck pain it's a pain that's constant. Xx
    • Posted

Hi april, good luck for tomorrow I'm sure by now you are worried, try not to be (ha ha I know easier said than done) keep saying to yourself , I will be fine all these other's on here went on ok. I was like you so, so frightened but yes as everyone says you know nothing about it you go to sleep and wake up back in bed. Take care, soon be done and you will feel better. Come back on when you feel up to it to let us all know you're ok. :-)
    • Posted

I don't think I can go threw with it I'm so scared but no choice . Need it doing just need to be very brave and just do it hopefully I don't die he he . What's the option leave it in and get very poorly so needs doing .

I promise if I haven't run out of theatre and I have the surgery I'll let you all know tomorrow or over the weekend . I think I would rather face the surgery than my fella if I don't have it done he will go mad x

• Posted

You can do it!!! You need the op. Think of the worst time you've been in pain and imagine after tomorrow you won't have it again or the worry of is it going to happen. My surgeon said it's best that I see you when you are well and we do a straight forward operation that's planned rather than waiting until I see you in a and e when it will be more difficult. Tell yourself you have no choice you will be very ill if you don't have it. I like you said ha ha to my surgeon (I'm always the joker when nervous) what if I die, his answer was you are fit and well. Good luck I'll be thinking of you :-)
    • Posted

Hi April by now you should of had your op or not !! Please say you did ☺️If you have then cheer up you will be on the way to no pain soon. 

Best wishes and keep in touch what ever you chose to do 

Gill xxx

• Posted

April, didn't see your post until today, so you are probably already in theater, but my thoughts are with you as I'm sure so are lots of others.  I had my surgery unexpectedly 10 days before my scheduled date and the surgical staff said they'd never seen anyone so excited to have an operation.  I couldn't wait to have that darned GB out!  The operation itself was a breeze.  I am hopeful that you feel lots better afterwards!  We will be looking forward to hearing about your pain-free, happy days ahead.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.