Neck pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi did anyone have neck pain at the base of their neck at the back of neck/top of spine? My pain seems to of moved from the side of my neck to there? Really uncomfortable! Does anyone know why this is?? Thanks.

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Also Poppy my neck where it is hurting feels strange when I touch it,like really thick and sort of numb or something,hard to explain, 
    • Posted

Hi diane poor you, you also sound like youve had a really hard time!! Not surprising were suffering from anxiety with all the different symptoms!! My neck flares up & down sometimes pains sometimes none ive never felt anything like it before! So scary! My newest symptom is scaring me too waiting to go for a scan underneath my left breast (right side) awful achey pain and feels swollen the pain comes and goes makes me feel sick when it starts wondering if its something to do with my stomach? Im also scared symptoms such as this will lead to other problems! So physically/mentally draining!! How long have you had the virus? Wishing you all the best.

• Posted

Hey Poppy,

The pain under the breast area could be to do with the glands in that area, the spleen is a bit of a 'nerve centre' for the glandular system I think and I had pain in that kind of upper abdomen area, and the left side is where the spleen is - but if it is the gland pain just want to reassure you that this is normal as part of the virus and it does go away completely as you recover - it's so frustrating I know. Really hoping the docs can put your mind at rest and that everything settles down - hoping for a better day for you.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Poppy I fell ill with this on June 25th last year so nearly a year now,it was the severity of the symptoms that caused the anxiety I think as as soon as they eased a bit the anxiety did too,it is a very scary illness and so underestimated,i had no idea,thought it was just a sore throat and feeling tired kind of thing,how wrong I was !!  the pain does make you feel sickly,it is doing me now with this pain in neck,our minds start running away don't they and thinking allsorts but I think Craig is quite right in what he says about the glands and it all been part of the virus,hope your getting plenty of rest Poppy,sending you a big hug xx 

• Posted

Hi craig i thought that but my spleen pain was more to the left a couple of months ago and thats where it swelt, this pain is to the right  sitting on top of my ribs thats why im scared feels swollen and tender to touch sad hate waiting for apps sad so fed up thank you for your kind words and reassurance hope your ok. 
    • Posted

Poor you diane i feel its going to bE like that for me too going to take a very long time! I hate waiting of appointments! Symptom after symptom is deffo not helping im feeling disheartened at the moment as i did start to feel bit better for a couple of weeks then have had a relapse these last 3 weeks!! Ive been taking painkillers but I dont even think they work! Got my bloods back yesterday the docs said they were ok. Sending a big hug back to you. Xx im thinking about booking a massage to see if it well help me relax but im also scared it might trigger something off sad 
    • Posted

Hi Poppy,

Oh it's totally understandable to feel scared and anxious, remember this won't last forever how you are feeling now is not the way it's going to be. There are so many glands in that central area, not just in the spleen but right across the middle around the ribcage area, so it is quite possible and maybe even probable that the glands are causing the pain. You did the right thing going to get blood tests done and please do take it as reasuring that it is showing nothing, if it was anything to worry about with any organs or whatever they can really tell so much from the blood tests, this is normal for mono to have so many strange pains and symptoms for months but the blood tests to be showing okay - but remember things will get better and these pains and the whole virus does go away with time.

Hang in there and don't feel bad at all about keeping going to the docs for examination and help - that's what they are there for.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks very much for your info & support craig really helps to hear someone having a positive attitude hopefully my scan app wont be to long away and hopefully if it is symptoms of the virus they will pass soon sad going to try a new herb olive leaf extract supposed to be helpful with GF.

• Posted

My head is also confused distinguishing between anxiety/virus i.e. anxiety can cause chest/neck pain 😳😳 so confused i dont think doctors even know the answers to that one 🤔

• Posted

Thanks Poppy, really hoping you don't have to wait too long for you can. Oh good luck with the olive leaf extract hoping that can make a difference! Hang in there!

Craig

• Posted

Im on the Olive Leaf too,i take it in tincture form,supposed to be really good at killing viruses off,it tastes revolting but I always remember my mum saying the worse it tastes the more good it does you!! 
    • Posted

Hi Poppy so sorry late in replying,had my laptop in shop to be mended,just got it back now,touch wood my neck has eased off,still feel it a little but its not like it was and im not taking painkillers anymore,fingers crossed it dosent flare up again,where the pain was though it still feels sensitive and a numb feeling,how are you doing ? xx
    • Posted

Thats good to hear smile hopefully it wont flare up again for you so strange isnt it? My current symptoms are on/off sore throat/neck/ear which has pretty much been here since the start im now month 5. The newest symptom (i think) feels like a swollen/sore pains on my left side which moves about from under my breast im not sure if its coming from my stomach/lungs/ribs i cant quite pin point what exact body part it is from?? Its quite uncomfortable at times ive had this for a month now im going for a ultrasound at the end of this month! Wish it was sooner! So fed up of worrying over new symptoms! Sorry for moaning! My bloods were normal though so theyre cant be that much inflammation like what im feeling or this would have shown. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.