Neck pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi did anyone have neck pain at the base of their neck at the back of neck/top of spine? My pain seems to of moved from the side of my neck to there? Really uncomfortable! Does anyone know why this is?? Thanks.

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Poppy and to everyone else in the group,been trying for ages to get on here and finally got my laptop mended!!!  I got gf 11 months ago and it took 8 months to get back on my feet and then after about 4 weeks I fell ill all over again and was in bed for another 6 weeks,its been the worst thing ive ever had and I actually really thought I was dieing,4 weeks ago I got severe neck pain and it lasted 3 weeks,i was off my head the pain was so bad,then it suddenly went off and now today its back again,cant turn my head or anything,so fed up with this now,mine is in the left side of neck feels like ive torn something but I haven't,same thing happened with my back a few months into this,hope you get some relief Poppy,ive just bought a massager for my neck and a inflatable neck brace off Amazon

• Posted

Hi diane have you bee the docs about your neck? I want to know what makes this happen? As the doc said i have know lymph nodes up in my neck? My neck goes really hard on the left and at the back some days being worse than others but the uncomfortableness is always there!! Really getting hard to put with?  Im waiting on a physio app and really hope its down to some tight muscles that need loosesned off but ive got a big feeling the virus wont let it be as simple as that sad this virus is the worst because when you have felt fit and healthy fir so long the duration of this virus really brings you to your knees sad what other symptoms have you struggled with? At the moment mines neck pain, and over the last few weeks i have strange chest/stomach/back aches and pains sad( thanks for your reply.
    • Posted

Hi Diane,

So sorry to hear you have suffered this setback after it seemed things were starting to move in the right direction. I know that feeling Diane it's horrible and deflating, when you feel like you are moving slowly forward only for it suddenly to feel like it is going backwards again. That awful sinking feeling and realisation is terrible, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Really do want to reassure you that these kind of lapses can be very normal during recovery, even after starting to feel better I had a few mini-epislodes like this, some lasted a few weeks and some a few days - but they did get better again and overall did start to move towards full recovery after got by them - so just remember in no way are you back to the start, absolutely my experience was that Year 2 was like a walk in the park compared to Year 1 - God willing you won't ever have to go through anything like you have in the last year with it again.

Poppy and Diane so sorry you guys are having these awful issues with your neck. Really hoping these symptoms settle down and just want you to know I'm thinking about you and I really believe 100% that you guys are both going to make a full recovery, even if it doesn't feel much like it right now, trusting God that you will get through it and be back to full health again - it's hard to be patient I know, hang in there and one day at a time is all you can do, getting through a day is such an achievement when feeling this way.

Craig

• Posted

Oh Craig cant tell you how pleased I am to be able to speak to you at long last,ive been following all the comments on this forum for months and months and just finally managed to get on here!!! You have been such a Godsend to everyone on here,Craig this has been the worst thing I have ever had to endure healthwise and ive had some stuff believe me,i already had ME/CFS before I got hit with this,ive had ME for about 12 years,im 59 years old and live on my own after my hubby passed away and then I had another string of traumatic losses,and I believe that is what ran my immune system down and led to me getting this,i lost my hubby 18 years ago and then in 2011 I met a lovely caring guy and very sadly after just 3 years together he passed away too,then12 months after that I lost my mum,my cousin and a very good friend ,all within 6 weeks of each other!! even though I had ME/CFS I wasn't down ill like I am now and I could cope with some things as long as I paced myself and got plenty of rest,( I would have ME any day rather than how ill ive been for last 11 months!!) I managed to go to my mums funeral and get up and give a speech and a few weeks later went to a wedding,now I cant do anything or go anywhere, I was out locally with my daughter and 3 grandchildren last June when I suddenly fell ill and came home and thought I had the flu but without a cold or cough,didnt bother ringing doctor but after a couple of weeks feeling deadfull and no improvement and I knew it wasn't flu,i rang the doctor and got a home visit(too ill to go to surgery) couple of weeks later still no better so rang again and she sent nurse out to do blood tests,i had read about ebv and asked if they would test for that not really thinking that I would have it,but when results came back it said ebv detected past infection,but we put it down to the infection I was having now as I hadn't had anything like this before and it just went on and on all year and now nearly a year later im no better,docs keep saying its worse for me with my ongoing condition ME/CFS.i cant see any end to it I really cant and its starting to scare me,sorry ive rambled on a bit Craig,your posts to people on here have been so reassuring and ive had tears reading some of them,i feel as though I know lots of you and yet ive never spoke till now,this forum has been a life saver for me,thank you so much xxx

• Posted

Hi Poppy,i haven't been well enough to go to the doctors at all, all the time ive been ill,ive been ringing and speaking to her on the phone,the neck pain has been so bad that I nearly rang paramedics one day,was worse than having a baby!! nothing would shift the pain then it just disappeared,the sme thing happened with my bad a few months before,it was pain like ive never had before and that just disappeared after about 5 weeks,i think it is the virus doing this that causes different areas to become inflamed,ive had every symptom you can think of,no appetite, ,sweats,severe headache when I first got it,dizziness off balance.exhaustion,nausea, barely been able to get from bed to bathroom,really debilitating and faraway feeling,and the anxiety that comes with it is horrendous,didnt have that before so im presuming its part and parcel of this,reading all the comments on here has kept me sane and knowing that its all part of the virus,thanks for your reply Poppy and hoping things start to improve for you soon 

• Posted

That should say back not bad lol 

• Posted

Hi Diane,

Thanks for such a heart felt post and your kind words, that says so much about you despite all the difficulties you have been and are going through that you took the time to say such nice things, it really means a lot.

Oh I cannot imagine the torment and pain you have been through with all these terrible trials you have been through in your life, my deepest sympathies for all the losses you have had and there are no words that can put that into context I know. I'm so sorry to hear you've been battling on with ME/CFS for the last 12 years, you must be so weary I know and I just wish the medical world understood these things better and were able to come up with treatment that really made a difference. And to be hit with mono on top of all that is so cruel, just awful and it sounds like you have done amazing to get through the last year with it being so bad.

I just hope and pray that things get better Diane, I absolutely do believe they can and will for you, mono does have these ups and downs and recovery is often very zig-zag, but remember when the wave is down it is about to come back up again, it's like the waves in the sea sometimes I think. AND eventually the waters calm where you're not going up and down and just feel like your body resilience returns and more able to cope with each day. It was over 10 years ago since I went through mono in my mid-20s but it was such a traumatic experience that it's bene important to me in the last couple of years just to come on the forum and let people know there is hope and is recovery from this horrible virus, even though it doesn't feel like it when in the midst of it.

The forum is full of a lot of good people for sure Diane, I have been going through a tough time with back pain and other health issues in the last year and others have been so kind to me too even though it's different from what the forum is intended for.

Just want you to know I'm thinking about you and God-willing absolutely believe you are going to get well again (and remember His will is for the His kingdom in our lives and in His kingdom there is no sickness). Truly I believe a breakthrough will come Diane, remember don't look too far ahead and taking vitamins and herbs can make all the different it not already doing so. Message any time and there are lots of amazing folk on the forum with more knowledge and wisdom about the virus than me that can help - hang in there and remember better times are ahead - you ARE going to make a full recovery I 100% believe that.

Take care and thanks again for the lovely message,

Craig

P.S. you did not ramble at all, you put things very eloquently despite everything you've been through

• Posted

Thank you Craig for such a lovely reply,you have been my hero through the last year on here,so sorry you are having problems with your back and other things constant,pain can really wear you down and make you  miserable,the number of times I have prayed to God and any healing Angels out there to heal me and make me feel better,ive been in a really low place where I felt like I had a curse on me or something !!  Im certainly a more compassionate and understanding of others since going through all this,puts everything in perspective dosent it,i would like to wish you better health and to be pain free in the future Craig and thanks again for all your help,dont know if anyone here is on facebook but im under Diane Randles,live in West Yorkshire if anyone wants to friends request me,my profile pic is of me with blonde hair at a wedding

• Posted

Thanks Diane absolutely the best thing you have been doing is praying to God, He hears all our prayers and is with us even when we feel nothing and it seems like He is being silent. It's hard to understand why folk have to go through such suffering and hard times, but we know we can trust God and that He still has an amazing plan for your life Diane - and He wants you fit and healthy for that, so I believe He works in His own ways and His timing is perfect, just praying for your recovery today Diane in Jesus' name.

These things do help put things into perspective for sure, you realise how much our health is your wealth and realise the things that really matter. I think I need to be more grateful in this respect too and learn more from what I've been going through, thanks so much fo the kind words Diane regarding my pain and health too, it means so much and grateful for all prayers and thoughts.

I'm not much of a facebook user Diane but nice to hear you are from UK, I am also from near Glasgow. Yorkshire is a lovely part and Sheffield is one of my favourite cities.

Thinking of you and hoping for a settled and positive day for you and hang in there - remember this will pass and you ARE going to get better, I truly truly believe that Diane that a breakthrough is on its way.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks for your kind reply Craig,much appreciated,hope you are able to enjoy this Bank Holiday weekend,take care 
    • Posted

Thanks Diane, hope you are able to enjoy the holiday weekend too and that things can be much more settled for you - thinking about you and rooting for you.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig,im afraid im in bed with this awful neck pain,i cant get any relief at all from it,cant get my head in a comfortable position where I don't feel the pain,hardly slept for last 2 nights,painkillers not touching it,

• Posted

Is this because your lymph nodes are swollen diane? You poor thing.
    • Posted

Goodness Diane I'm so sorry to hear you have been going through such pain and suffering. It is really awful and I hope that things can settle over the weekend. Really thinking about you Diane, still believing this hard time is going to pass, remember God says that after we suffer a little while He will restore us and help us back on our feet again.

Something that has helped me sleep at night is a pain/antidepressant medication called amitrypyline. It really really helps you get a good sleep and with pain at night. I'm not advcoating for everyone to jump to go on such tablets at a whim but if really struggling and finding it hard it over a period might be worth talking to the doctor about.

Just praying for God to bless and heal you Diane and you Poppy and everyone on the site, in Jesus' name, thinking of you guys hoping for a good day.

Craig

• Posted

Many thanks for your encouraging reply Craig,i did manage a couple of hours on and off,and Poppy,no hun its not swollen lymph nodes xx
    • Posted

Hang in there Diane, remember we have got hope because of God - sometimes things seem so dark and hopeless I know, I know the feeling too well, but there can be light from this and there is light through this and just trusting God to pull us through and that He is a good God and is working for our good in these and all circumstances (in Jesus name).

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.