NECK pain glandular fever

Posted , 11 users are following.

6 weeks in with glandular fever. Is this neck pain normal. Glands are now back down to normal. My neck pain has started up again tonight? Has anyone else got this symptom. It's making me really really anxious thinking is abnormal??? Xxx

0 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Rosanna, I had neck pain all the way through.....at the base of my skull, no swelling just ached......how you feel better soon.  Xxxx
    • Posted

Hi katy did you recover from your neck pain? Im struggling with this at the moment sad
  • Posted

Rosanna, I had neck pain and stiffness! I understand how it seems every symptom causes concern about there being a cause other than the virus.

I'm in month 13. I'm having some good days mixed with muscle pain and extreme fatigue. We are all different hope you are fully recovered soon!

Rhonda

• Posted

Hi thanks so much. You've made me feel at ease I'm not the only one. What are your other symptoms. Mine are:

Dizziness

Tiredness

Aching back

Stiff neck

Aching arms and legs

Nausea

I'm in week 6 xx

• Posted

I have experienced all the symptoms you listed plus palpitations, headaches, loss of appetite, diarrhea, visual problems, eye drainage, cough, difficult breathing very weak and shaky. Hopefully you will not experience these too. Oh yeah intestinal spasms.

Rhonda

• Posted

Hi Roseanna,

Sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time with glandular fever, it really is such a nasty virus and Rhonda and Katy are right I definitely do believe it can cause neck pain, and all sorts of aches and pains throughout the body. The symptoms you describe are very similar to those that I had when I went through the virus too.

Just want to reassure you that the time you are going through just now is the toughest - it does get easier and it does go away. If it doesn't come right away don't panic because it can take a bit of time sometimes but it does DEFINITELY get better, and these symptoms you are experiencing are normal and you wil make a full recovery again and get through this. I was the same as you, the symptoms and whole experienced made me so anxious and worried and question lots of things, but just want you to knwo that this is a normal course for the virus and it can do all sorts of strange things but eventually your body does get on top of it and that will be a marvellous day for you to look forawrd to!

Best advice is really just to rest and reduce stress as much as possible (hard as it is I know), sometimes a real mistake people make is to keep battling through the virus and it can make recovery longer - it's not like a normal cold where you can do that, it just grinds you down further if you don't take it a bit easier. Also if not already doing so good idea to take a good strong multi-vitamin per day, and other supplements like B complex / Co-enzyme Q10 can help with energy levels, Vitamin C (high doses like 1000mg-3000mg per day can be good) and immune boosting herbs such as siberian ginseng or echnicea can help boost your immune system.

Thinking of you and hang in there - things will definitely get better!! Take it from me as someone who thought it never would but it did!

Craig

• Posted

Sorry Rosanna just realised I spelt your name wrong in last message - silly me!
    • Posted

You my gosh Rhonda your kidding me! I've been for a colonoscopy this week due to blood clots out my bum but also instetinal spasms and pain my large colon was clear next step is to check my small bowel! I'm putting this all down to something completely different! Maybe it is related to GF. I get lots of diaarhoar also putting that down to anxiety, heart palipitations and blurred vision! No headaches yet or cough but I do get a strange course voice very occasionally! When will this end! How long have u had it again? Xx

• Posted

Hi Craig

Thanks so much for your reply! Can't believe how much GF can effect you. How long did yours take to go? Never known anything like it! I keep putting it down to other things! It's an evil virus 😭

• Posted

Hi Rosanna, 13 months for me. Yes this virus attacks so many of our symptoms. The nervous system alone controls or helps control many of tour body's systems and it is hit hard by virus. In turn anxiety hits us and the stress feeds the virussad

Jesus has been my greatest comfort and strength. I believe He will bring us back to a healthy state.

My gastroenterologist told me when my test were good it could just be from virus and I make take 2 steps forward and 1 step back but not to give up!

Prayers...so thankful for this forum! So thankful for Craig who keeps us encouraged!

Rhonda

• Posted

Rosanna, most of my symptoms have faded away. The main ones that seem to hang on is fatigue, muscle pain, coarse voice . These are much better.

It seems when I don't rest or use too much of my energy the extreme fatigue muscle aches and pains come. These symptoms tend to bring my mood low which improves as the other symptoms fade. Usually after resting the symptoms go away but return eith o er exertion.

You will get well! I am so thankful I'm experiencing more days that I have better energy and less pain and most of the multiple symptoms have faded away.

Rhonda

• Posted

Thanks as always for the words of wisdom Rhonda and reminding us that God is our strength...that's so important to know and remember at all times and during tough times.

Rosanna, it just seems to take a different length of time for everyone. It took me quite a long time maybe 9 months to feel I was making real progress, but that didn't mean that it was exactly the same for that 9 months - the period you are going through just now is by far the worst and the intensity gets less as time goes, it's just the things like the fatigue and after effects which can seem to linger for some people.

However, I don't want that to panic you because it is possible to get better quicker, especially if you're doing all the right things early on. I think I made a lot of mistakes early on in terms of working before I was diagnosed, etc, which maybe made things go on for longer.

Key thing to remember is that it definitely does go away and you will feel fully better once again!! Same is true for you Rhonda I truly believe that!!

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig! It's honestly awful! I can't believe there isn't  any Facebook groups or anything out there for this awful illness. How long have you been free from the illness? Xxx

• Posted

Hi Rosanna, I'm into month 5 now and all I can describe it is a light came on for me last week!!!!  All my aches suddenly went and the brain fog went overnight.....still more tired than normal but I've definitely turned a corner.......it's really weird!!!!  Things will improve for you, but I leant the hard way after having 2 failed attempts of going back to work when I thought I was better!!!  you have to listen to your body and when you ache, lie down and sleep!!!  It will get easier, this site has been a real support for me and Craig gave me great comfort and advice......I wish you a steady recovery.  Xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.