NECK pain glandular fever

Posted , 11 users are following.

6 weeks in with glandular fever. Is this neck pain normal. Glands are now back down to normal. My neck pain has started up again tonight? Has anyone else got this symptom. It's making me really really anxious thinking is abnormal??? Xxx

0 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

Sorry I've been stuck in bed all weekend feeling dreadful completely drained my neck pain is horrendous I did find going to achupunture 2 weeks ago really helped but only for about 5/6 days then it came back but it was good for me as I had a special birthday coming up. Feel completely fatigued today just want this all to end 😴 Xxx

• Posted

Rosanna,

Sorry your having soo much pain I know that pain all too well!!! It jus knocks you off your feet and make you feel just awful!! Praying you have a good day today!' Get some rest of you can!!

• Posted

Oh no Jennifer, feel your pain, I was almost boasting last week about turning a corner but after 3 shifts at work one exceptionally busy I'm back to bed with neck pain and lethargy!!!!!!  Rest up honey and I hope you feel better soon......we can do this, just not today......zzzzzz.  Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Katy,

​What is it about this virus that causes us to feel like we are turning the corner only to be hit with low energy, lethargy and nausea? I have had three decent days and then I feel the affects of the virus, I did expect it though as I had a wedding to attend this weekend and a long work day yesterday. Learning how to rest.

• Posted

Hi Jenifer

Sorry still not to good up and down the tiredness is truly awful! Started getting strange tingling down my arm and then a slight ache in my upper right stomach when my gallbladder used to be! Very anxious! How are you? Xxx

• Posted

Rosanna,

Sorry your still up and down' sucks doesn't it!!! I'm ok went to ent and got scoped for the lump feeling but he did not see anything, he said probably acid reflux!! Ever since mine started I've had horrible heart burn like when I was pregnant!! Ugh!! Then he noticed I have nasal infection so  he gave me a nasal antibiotic mixed with steroid!! Geesh always something! And told me I had a deviated septum and wants to do a scan he thinks I might have a blockage which would require surgery!! Good night I can't win!'  The only time I'm. It in pain is when I'm sleeping!! Lol!! Just another day in the life of having mono!!

• Posted

Hi All, 

New here. I’ve been reading all your comments. And thought I would share my story and get some advise. 

I was unwell November and December 2017 finally got bloods done beginning of Jan 2018 and the ebv was positive for 1-3month previous? 

I am still so tired and have swollen glands, still get achy all over. My anxiety and constant worry that it is all something more serious is driving me crazy and feels like it is making me worse. I need to stop googling my symptoms because when I do I scare myself even more from what I read..... heeellppp! 

• Posted

Hey Dslr4,

Oh I do want to reassure that you glandular fever / mono does get you this way - it is normal for you still to be feeling this way after a few months and want to reassure you that I felt the same kept thinking something sinister was wrong and that EBV couldn't casue all these horrible and wide ranging and long lasting symptoms.

Things do get better, they really do - hang in there. If it doesn't come right away don't panic because it will come, it can take a bit of time for some unfortunately but full recovery does come! Taking some vitamins and herbs really helped me, a good strong multi-vitamin per day, B complex, Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and oregano.

Thinking of you and remember you will get there!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Dslr,

This is very normal for Epstein Barr, I felt this way for months and then I started to recover, my granddaughter just started feeling better and she tested positive in April of 2017, hang in there, it is a long, rough road but your immune system will eventually win,

• Posted

Hey everyone! I was diagnosed with mono the end of April symptoms started around the beginning of April sore throat, swollen glands, fatigue, numbness in legs, terrible acid reflux. My question is I already had Hashimotos Thyroiditis before so my immune system is very weak is there anything I could take to strengthen my immune system. Currently taking B12, vitamin c 2000, echinacea,and antivirals!I'm so stressed out I have been out of work for 3 weeks and they want me to come back tommorrow I don't know what to do the fatigue has the best of me!

• Posted

Hi Pansy,

So sorry to hear you have had such a terrible month with mono. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to help yourself with vitamins and herbs, you're doing what you can for sure. A good strong multi-vitamin and wider B complex vitamin can be really helpful too, and Co-enzyme Q10 / gingko biloba for energy levels / nervous system too. Oregano and siberian ginseng also good anti-viral supplements too.

I just want to reassure you that this virus does get better, please do give yourself time to rest though. I know it's so hard when under pressure due to work and things, if you can take more time please do, listen to your body and try not to push through too much at the moment. Put yourself and your health first, that's really important in the weeks after diagnosis, sometimes trying to come back too early can cause setbacks. But remember you WILL get better, the phase you are going through right now is the worst with this, don't panic if it takes a little time for recovery that can be normal, but you most definitely will get better from it and get back to full health again.

Just take it one day at a time and really hoping you feel much better soon. Thinking about you!

Craig

• Posted

Hi did anyine recover from the sore neck? I currently have this driving me insane im month 7 nearly and had it all the way through?
    • Posted

Mine has gotten a lot better, but I still have the pain.  I am right at 1 year.  Is your pain the front or the back? Mine is in the back. what does your feels like?  sometimes its only on one side and others it hurts over the whole back of my neck. And yes it is frustrating.  I have noticed when I am tired it hurts the most..
    • Posted

Hi jennifer my pain goesfrom the side/back of neck/top of spine/sometimes along collar bone soo uncomfortable sad is yours stopping you from doing certain activities or not? Have you any other symptoms you still struggle with? Did your doc suggest it cud still be GF? Thanks
    • Posted

Hi Poppy,

Really hoping this neck pain settles down, I know it has been bothering you for a while and you must be so fed up and weary of it all. I really hope the docs can help and offer some support / tests / reassurance with this - please do keep pestering them until they do. It's so hard to do that when not feeling well I know.

Again I'm no expert but I don't think anything is out of the question with this virus, it can cause all sorts of aches and pains and other symptoms - really hoping this settles and still thinking about you and praying and believing that you are going to get better - I truly believe that Poppy.

Craig

• Posted

Hoping things improve Jennifer, so sorry ot hear you're having such a tough time still. My experience was that Year 2 was soo much easier than Year 1, I really hope and pray that the worst of this is behind you and even if it still takes a little time to feel like yourself again, that you can feel free and be able to live an enjoyable life again. I really believe you're going to get there Jennifer, hang in there and trusting that God is working and that the manifestations of His healing hand will be seen soon in your life!

Craig

• Posted

Poppy89,

Dr said symptoms can last a year or 2! I don’t let it stop me! It’s always there and I know it, but I refuse to let this control my life! I know my limits and it does get worse when I’m tired and that’s when I know I need to stop! But I’ll be dammed if I let this control my life😍😍 it has improved greatly but is still there so I’m hoping I wake up and it’s gone one day🙏🙏 and I pray the same for you!! Seeing an improvement is hopeful to me, I’m for sure not 100% but feel like I’m on my way!! Come here for support and reach out anytime when your having a bad time, I did and it helped me soo much and met some wonderful friends!!!

• Posted

Thanks Craig your the best! I have seen a huge improvement  and hopeful like you that one day all this will be gone!! As always thanks for your words of encouragement!! You are always here to support people and give your kind words!xoxxo
    • Posted

Aww thanks so much Jennifer those were lovely words, I am pleased that you are seeing a big improvement that is great to hear. And you're right for those in the darkest or worst period of this virus, remember there is hope because it can take a year or two to make a full recovery for some but that doesn't mean to say that is the case for everyone and that folks won't get better - because everyone on the forum will I truly believe that.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks jennifer ill let you know how i get on wishing you a speedy recovery
    • Posted

Thank you craig valuable advice and support as always biggrin
    • Posted

Thanks Poppy - hang in there still, it's not easy I know that for sure. Remember you are going to get better and all these awful symptoms will be gone - I still truly believe that Poppy and praying God brings healing and recovery soon, He knows what you've been going through Poppy and I believe He will guide you to safety and good health again. Thinking about you and hoping for a good day / upcoming period.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.