Need advice :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Suffering my 6th flare up (each time been hospitalised and given IV antibiotics) normally after about 3 days I start to feel better. This time I was on IV antibiotics for 4 days and given a further 4 days of tablet antibiotics. I have been feeling awful (weak and feeling dizzy) started to have a bad tummy 2 days ago (running to the toilet) and so I went back to docs as also still having tummy pains. Temp was high and pulse way too fast. Why are the antibiotics not working? Been given a further 5 days

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree, you need to give your gut time to recover so very low or no fibre diet - I think they call it the 'white food' diet, lots of liquid.  Chicken soup is always recommended (though I'm veggie so can't quite say why) but agree with everyone else - get yourself some very strong probiotics which I believe a lot of us take.  It's helped a lot of us and don't forget, stress will make it worse.  Try to get some rest as well if you can and likewise, take paracetomal for the pain.

• Posted

1 more day left on the antibiotics and still have tummy pain, praying it doesn't come back....

• Posted

Sympathies Michelle.I just got released from hospital yesterday after my first diverticular episode, and am grappling with the horror of it all, as i think you are.

​Best wishes.

• Posted

Oh no Justin, I feel for you too- it's a horrible disease sad docs/consultants don't give you half as much advice as you need to be able to manage the disease either. People in this forum are amazing and so if you need to know anything just ask. Hope your feeling better soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.