Need advice about pain medication patches

Posted , 5 users are following.

After greatfully reading the horrors of the withdrawals of Fentanyl patches, could someone please tell me what other pain relief comes in a patch? Im currently on Hydrocodone pills and am seeing a pain mngmt dr for the 1st time next week to discuss a patch instead as i need continuouse pain relief. (Severe neck problems). When the dr suggests Fentanyl Id like to be educated on what else I may suggest. Is there one that DOESNT have the HORRIBLE withdrawals as Fentanyl? Also i might add, its got to be comparable for pain relief, as Fentanyl, altho Iv never tryed it, OR a patch. ANY advice is greatly appreciated! My only alternative, as I see it, is to just stay with Hydrocodones. Im on 4 a day, 10mg each. But with the new law my GP has bumped me down from 4 a day, to 3 a day and I am in terrible pain 24/7, cant lie down in bed to sleep without pain, since my neck is my problem. Help!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello :

I can help u out my dear

OK a little about my self I've been on the patch for over 15 yrs

with major ups and downs what u can expect from the patch is 95%

Of ur pain gone the patch does not last 72hrs most times it will

only last 48hrs and the doctors know this yes you will have break through pain you will still hurt but no were near what u have

been going through depending on how much u weight is

depending on what dose ur doc will start you with and to be true

fully to you ..you need to know yes the withdraws are terable

The Sandoz patch is the best patch out there by far

If ur a heavy sweater talk to ur doc bc u will sweat like crazy on

the patch but u will be out of pain and there comes a time were

you

will do anything to get out of pain this much I know

first hand also you need to know this if ur does is short at the

eND of the month get in to see ur doc asap bc that's when you

will find out about the with draws ..you need to talk to a Sergion

asap to see if there is anything he or she can do to help as well

Also you can have a beer life with the patch but when ur ready to come off of it please talk to ur doc so u can go slowly

it will talk 6 months to a yr to come off of it fully

and please stay ways from meth it's worse then fental

All the best I hopped I helped

BOOM

• Posted

Ty Kaboom!

Meth? That was random. No iv never done Meth or anything stronger! I dont drink a drop of alcohol or smoke weed. I only take Hydrocodone. I

Could you mssg me please? Im not sure hpw to mssge YOU! TY for the advice.

Kimmi

• Posted

Hello ur doc could suggest methadone or hydromorph 2 very

bad drugs and weed I sent a bad idea there Manny strains out

there u don't have to smoke it u could bake with it

• Posted

Hey kimmi I just want to let you know that the fentanyl is probably your best bet for pain relief and as long as you don't start abusing it you shouldn't have to worry about the withdralls because I never had any withdrawals when I first started using it till I started chewing up the patches then I had problems it is highly addictive and I am an addict so that's why I have these problems but it's a Muriel's drug for anybody in terrible pain I know someone who wouldn't even be able to get up and get moving if it weren't for the fentanyl so it does work for people and also there are such thing as morphine patches but I think fentanyl is the best thing for anybody in severe pain

• Posted

Hello

There's a lot about the patch most people don't know unless u have been on it for longer then 10 yrs up and down for really bad croinc pain and when pills bugger put ur tummy most people don't have much of a choice there are other things but the

patch does work well but it has its horrible draw backs as all

heavy pain meds do ,the problem is not that ur on the patch

it's when everyone thinks there a doc and ending up scaring the hell out of people with the w/ds croinc pain is very different

from any other kind of pain

once the problem is fixed and ur body will tell u when it's

had enough and yes u will need to be under a doc that is

willing to help u come off of the patch it can take up to a yr

and even then you can come off of it but if ur body is still

in extream pain it will be very hard to come off of that the part

that most people don't get if u still hurt it's not that the with

draws won't be bad yes they will be terable

I ready have never understood why people want to get high

from pain meds bc with my pain it's been horrible over 60 knee

Operions and pins and needing 2 new knees and a hip so ya I

have a very good idea what rotten pain is if anyone abuses the patch or any heavy pain meds ya they will have huge problems

but if they take it like there docs tell them to then there should not be a problem I know what ur thinking ya right

but when it's time to come off of heavy pain meds theres

2 ways one cold turkey stuiped or with a docs help

Cheers

Boom

• Posted

Oh just to give a heads up the fental patch u can take for 15 days with out any really bad problems with break through pain meds

of corse and if u deside it's not for u stop taking it before 15 days

Bc after then ur body will need it for ur horrible pain the docs

know this and so do the people that make it .it was designed for gun shot woonds in the army for fast pain relief instead of a

Morphine shot also was not ever mentioned for long term pain

control

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.