need cheering up

Posted , 10 users are following.

Today started out pretty much the same as every other day with on exception and it's probably due to the rain we have had since yesterday I am at the moment miserable pain is high solid 7 been icing several times already yes I have been thru this numerous times this has been the worst by far. I see the Dr. Tuesday not expecting any miracles more then likely everything is moving along as expected. Sorry I just get pretty fed up at times.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You have been through a lot. I am 12 weeks post op and sometimes wonder why I had tkr because some days are worse than others. 2 steps forward 1 maybe 4 steps back. I do try to find things to do as I get bored also. Hope your doctor gives you some uplifting news. Take short walks at first and increase as your knee allows. Keep icing and elevate and hope your knee feels better soon.
    • Posted

Yeah, wish I had never had it done. Won't have it done on right knee.  And the thing that really gripes me , is, I elected to have this surgery.   there should be more educating the patient before they cut my leg in two..

• Posted

Mine was bone on bone and osteoarthritis, but also elective. My os told me it would be very painful and limited information regarding the procedure. After surgery was told the knee was worse than what the xrays showed and I had a bowed bone that needed cut. I am learning some people will heal faster depending on what was actually done in the surgery. Hope your knee feels better soon.
  • Posted

I sent you a reply but forgot and inadvertently used one of the 7 forbidden words of this site and got sent to the moderators office. Maybe they will see I was only telling a story and not advocating. Anyway when you are one who has had a many surgeries as you an I have had one pie e of advice rings loud and clear: be very selective as to choosing your partner in a 3 legged race.

I will say one thing, the back surgery 2 plus weeks ago has been one of miracles of modern man. Unfortunately with my wife's conditioning worsening rapidly I haven't been able to give it all the attention i should. My wife's younger sis and her bro are here from CA and all in agreement the Parkinson's has just about put her into life's final stages. She fell again a couple nights after my back surgery and hit the back of her head putting a quarter size laceration plus creating a need for skilled care and permanent removal from our home. She turns 81 next week and we hit 60 years of marriage 2 months ago so with those 2 milestones out of the way I guess it's time to accept reality and think about letting go, as painful as it is.

• Posted

Like I wrote earlier I wish we were neighbors I would be there even with the pain and bad knee. I would enjoy keeping you company helping out. It just seems to me people like you are few and far between I do wish you and your wife the best and really wanted to thank you for your kind words at least to me it means a lot.

Norman

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your wife.  May her last days/weeks be peaceful and full of Grace.  p.s.  Im curious.  What are the 7 forbidden words!!!
    • Posted

Oldfatguy1. I'm so sorry to hear that your wife is so ill. Prayers and peace.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.