Need help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I did my thyroid test i have hypothyroidm. I am taking thyroxine of 50 mcg. Is my t4 ranging towards high range? Because last time t4 was 9.5. How to control my t4

My thyroid was 7.9 it has now reduced to 3.49 so does it means that my level is controlled? Can i reduced the dosage to 25 mcg because with 50mcg i am having hairfall.around 50 -60 hair falls daily.

level?T3 is 1.09          range is 0.58 to 1.98T4 is 9.85          range is 4 to 11.79TSH is 3.49       range is 4.5 to 5.5

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

50mcg Levo is a starter dose. The an is to return you to euthyroid status. Your TSH should be 1.0 or lower and you rt3&4 should be middle to top of the range. You’d be better off raising to 75mcg to get it down to 1.0. 

The hair fall is part of your condition., unfortunately. 

Folate, Vit b12, Vit d, ferritin and d3 levels should be checked also as they affect your hormone intake and in turn quality of meds intake. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.