Need help coping with my anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

3 weeks ago I went to the hospital with a headache. They did a ct scan on me it came out normal. Then they did a lumbar puncture on me that took the dr well over a half hour of jabbing me in the back anyways it had blood in it, so she thought I was having a brain anurisom, took me by ambulance to another hospital. They did a ct scan on my with contrast and came out normal, they sent me home after a bunch of other test and said I was having cluster migraines. I went back a few says later and they did another spinal tap on me came out completely normal again. Said im having migraines. Went to my drs a few days later she said I had a sinus infection. Put me on a bunch of medications. I went to a ent, they said I didnt have a sinus infwction but could have because I was on meds a week before I even went there. Anyways I had a follow up with my dr and she thinks I have anxiety from everything I went through. Now I am anxious all the time. Scared there is something wrong with me when they have done every test possible. Every little pain I have I want to run to the hospital. Im so scared all the time.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well after going thru all that I'd be anxious too.mpretty normal reaction don't know why it sounds like they are being judgmental.

• Posted

I guess I went to the wrong hospital and I told her my headache felt different I guess thats all it took. It has been 3 weeks and I cant seem to get passed it. Im better than I was in the beginning but more scared then anything
    • Posted

I would feel very apprentice too. This will take time to get thru. 

Somethings really can leave a negative impression for a long time. 

With time you can adjust come to terms and move on.

• Posted

no wonder you are anxious mindy, my love, one test after another!! The reassuring thing is that all your tests are clear but once anxiety kicks in it takes a while to go away. My last bout of anxiety started around last november and for me im only just feeling balanced now with the help of meds and CBT Im also peri so im going through a double whammy. I never used to be concerned about my health i was so grateful because i had never been ill or had any conditions apart from my anxiety and depression, i have been very fortunate until, 20 months ago I wont go into it but I have broken vertebrae in my back which now affects my mobility some days and I could cry any way I must have had every conceivable "illness" since I started the anxiety, cancer heart failure ect and even though im in a much better place at the moment mentally every new spot pain itch must be something serious and i am forever trying to talk my self out of it. Anxiety can be very cruel at times and delibertating next time you see your doctor and explain how you are feeling. also i love this forum it has been so supportive and reassuring because every one can relate to you in some way or another and what ever advice they suggest it will be genuine because they have gone through it. PLEASE whatever you do stay away from GOOGLE the worst place to go on, if you have a symptom come on here and someone will reassure you take care hunni 

• Posted

Thank you, thats what I keep trying to tell myself. I have meds but just don't like to take meds. They want me to take propranolol 60 mg. And they gave me hydroxyzine

• Posted

I dont know about hydroxyzine but propanalol work very well for me and i think they are gentler  
  • Posted

You know another thing I was wondering. The day before my head started hurting. I weeded my whole yyard. I tend to wonder if that has anything to do with it too?
  • Posted

May I ask why a hospital for a headache ? All the different tests and they were fine and then to question more ? I just don't understand . Lots of people on here seem to be looking for something to be wrong

Dear Lord, be thankful your young, your ok , look for happiness not illnesses .

what your discribing is not a panic/anxiety attack

You sound much more like a soon to be hypochondriac that needs to talk to her family, Dr.

Try volunteering with people who really are sick . Exercise, pray , study , enjoy life and quit looking for things to be weong ...... Your fine ..... , instead drop to your knees and be thankful all your tests were perfect .

• Posted

I know thank you, if I could just get rid of the headache I think I would be alot better. But its been 3 weeks. And they did all the test becasue I told them how bad my headache was so they wanted to make sure I didnt have a brain anurisom or hemorrhage
    • Posted

Not sure this will help but my friend suffers from horrible migraines and her Chiropractor helps immensly although i wouldnt go to one .

You mention working in the yard

Walmart carries these great littl pills ( all natural) called Chor-tabs only a few dollars, they are for allergy related symptoms . Can't hurt i guess . You said you saw a nuerologist ?

• Posted

But when I get the headache I panic and want to go to the hospital too
    • Posted

I will have to try them are they a vitamin? And yes I seen a bunch of them twice. I have to follow up in 3 months to try and control them they said
    • Posted

I dont feel you understand anxiety at all judy because if you did you would know that part of anxiety creates symptoms its not being hypochondriac its part of the anxiety conditions. people dont ask for anxiety and depression some are predisposed to it. anxiety and depression are a recognised illness we are meant to be supportive on this forum not knocking people down
    • Posted

Hypochondria is a symptom of anxiety btw it's not a separate thing.

• Posted

All i can say at the moment is OMG and I am so sorry and I would be scared , too. I cannot believe you had two spinal taps. Please rest and don't beat your self up for feeling scared. You could have indeed have had a very bad sinus infection that had cleared up, that has happened to me before and i was getting headaches all of the time.  advice, start checking the pollen count on the days you have headaches. if it is high on those days, then it could be allergy related, which do indeed set off headaches....   good luck to you...

• Posted

Thank you very much. If this headache would just go away I think I would be ok. I mean it has got a little better but I am still in the anxious panic stage. I cant stand being like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.